Houzz Logo Print
fernchap

installing roman shades on ceiling sloped bedroom window

FernA
il y a 9 ans
I want to put room darkening roman shades on these bedroom farmhouse windows without them flapping about. Has to be easy for my guests to operate. I hate spring-loaded roller shades. Ideas…..?

Commentaires (12)

• PRO
    Home Delight Studio
    il y a 9 ans
    You have a sloped window. To make a roman shade we are using cordless shade system from Dofix(German). Try to find company in you area who makes it.
    FernA a remercié Home Delight Studio
  • FernA
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    I cannot find a company in my area for this system. I will keep looking for a way to make something from scratch…..scratching my head hmmmmmmm
  • PRO
    Home Delight Studio
    il y a 9 ans
    Call to Dofix No Sew, USA Phone: +1-989-687-7999 and ask about dealers in your area.
    FernA a remercié Home Delight Studio
  • FernA
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans
    Hi carolins, yes, you are right! I thought of that but was looking for other ways too. I think I will look for tighter clip rings somewhere…THANKS for your problem-solving and the photo!
  • FernA a remercié Carolina
  • Anne
    il y a 9 ans
    How about making flat lined panels with magnets inserted, with matching magnets inside the frame. Could be cute with coordinating prints on each side. Not sure if my idea makes any sense to anyone else but me though...
    FernA a remercié Anne
  • FernA
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Anne, thank you, good inspiration! Since it is just for room darkening, I am going to look at using your idea using an outside mount, high above the window, to let optimum sunlight in the whole window. Privacy is not an issue as I live isolated on a mountain over the Lake with lots of sunlight. I like your idea of two sided prints for panel. Carolins had a nice idea too.
  • Anne
    il y a 9 ans
    You are welcome Fern! I love solving window treatment dilemmas! I have a few myself I'm working on. Be sure to post pic of your solution when complete. :)
    FernA a remercié Anne
  • FernA
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans
    carolins, thank you for looking for that pic of the sloping roof sloping window. It gave me an idea to make the panel force the window to look wider with long iron rods extended to one side. That way I can outside mount to allow maximum window light into the rooms. Anne suggests lining it with another fabric (since it has to darken the room anyway). I can reverse for seasons.

I am happy to meet you because I love solving problems for other people but get stuck being objective with myself at times. My area of strength is in colour theory (one year of design). I am a visual arts instructor so, again, tend to look at 'whole composition' design problems.

I am getting very inspired now =-) Fern
  • erinsean
    il y a 9 ans
    Has anyone mentioned flat panels on tension rods....one on top and one on the bottom?
    FernA a remercié erinsean
  • FernA
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    no erinsean. I have trouble picturing it. Can you please send a link of an example to me? Now you have me wondering…. thanks
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».