Houzz Logo Print
velvetcricket515

Central vac or not?

Peg Levy
il y a 9 ans
Central vacuum or not? I have had central vacs for about 20 years in three different homes. I'm not sure what to use for our next home. How efficient are the new rechargeable ones? This will be our retirement home. I'm not liking the space required to store the hose. And as we age, I'm dreading the thought Of lugging around the long hose. What are your experiences with any type of current vacuums? Are central vacs worth the hassle? Or, haven't forgotten what it is like not to have a central one?

Commentaires (10)

• hatetoshop
    il y a 9 ans
    I dislike lugging the hose around then storing it. But it's been almost 20 years since I had a regular vacuum -- you still have to lug and store them, so I suppose I'd dislike that too.

Of course, I do have to empty the filter of the central vac, and that's never fun.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans
    Agree with installing central vac if possible.
  • PRO
    B&I Electric, Inc
    il y a 9 ans
    Get a hose and tool kit for each floor of your house
  • delyanks
    il y a 9 ans
    Huge waste of money. I looked into this after someone suggested it. Your system minus the filter, motor, and trap is buried in the walls. You either have a hose to lug around or a cord. I'd rather have the cord. I couldn't imagine a clog in the wall.
  • printesa
    il y a 9 ans
    We have central and we like it. Yes, the hose is long, but any vacuum has the unit and the cable to carry. We've never had any clogs
  • blynette
    il y a 9 ans
    We purchased a home a few years ago that has central vac. After a few months I bought a Dyson.
    Lugging the hose around was a chore, furniture could not be placed over a vacuum outlet, and it didn't seem to have enough suction to thoroughly clean the carpets.
  • User
    il y a 9 ans
    I love mine and use it for all of my hard floors, and have an outlet in the garage which allows us to easily vacuum our cars, but I supplement with a Dyson for my rugs and carpets....best of both worlds.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 9 ans
    I love my central vac and I have 2 big hairy dogs so I vacuum most days I empty the catcher once a month and have a 3200 sq. ft house but what we did is buy an IRobot for the lower level and it takes care of the the day to day stuff and I just vacuum down there once a week to get what he misses(we call it Bob) I would use one upstairs too but it doesn't like my shag rug.
  • Gretchen
    il y a 9 ans
    I have it and never use it. Maybe ours is older ( we didn't put it in), but the suction is lousy and the hose is a pain to get out and out away.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».