Houzz Logo Print
happiwifehappilife

Need help for our kitchen!

happiwifehappilife
il y a 9 ans
We need help selecting both the design and color of backsplash and floor tile for our new kitchen.

As you'll see in the pictures, the cabinets are IKEA Adel Medium Brown with brushed nickel handles. The countertop is Colonial Gold granite, and the appliances are stainless and black glass.

We are looking for backsplash and floor tile that will compliment the Colonial Gold granite. Our goal is a create a somewhat Asian -- we think a Soft Japanese -- feel.

Many of the backsplash designs we've viewed have been too busy and take over the granite. Also, it's been difficult finding the right tile color to compliment the countertop as the Colonial gold has many colors in it from creamy biscuit and tans to flecks of rust, dark browns and black, none dominant.

As to the floor tile, again we don't want something too busy or bold that will take from the countertop or move from the Soft Japanese feel we're looking for. We prefer a slate look (perhaps porcelain) over a wood look. (The cabinets already bring much wood-feel.) Also nothing too light in color.

So help, help, help! We have hours toting around a chunk of the granite and a cabinet door, and then bring home hopeful tile samples only to find they're not quite the right match.

Any experience or suggestions as to material, design or color is greatly appreciated! (Did I mention that I'm a retired electrical contractor with no experience in design whatsoever? Help!!)

Commentaires (10)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».