Houzz Logo Print
katie_gooding

What type of flooring?

Katie Gooding
il y a 9 ans
So the story is...

We bought a new construction "spec" home with engineered hardwood floors in the kitchen, dr, and foyer, and carpet in the family room (open to kitchen). The house is on a slab, so solid hardwoods are out of the question, as I understand it.

After a year old living here and vacuuming the hardwoods DAILY they look terrible. They are a very uniform look, and dark and have tons of dents, dings, and scratches and I need to figure out a new flooring plan!

So...I went to the store to look at some engineered hand scraped options that look a little more distressed, thinking that if they came distressed, a few more dents and dinges wouldn't matter. The majority of homes being built in my neighborhood have oak engineered hardwoods, so I kind of want to at least have a wood look, as this is not my "forever house." While at the store the hard scraped engineereds were in the $4-5/soft range, and I have about 800 sq ft to do. However, while there I also saw some vinyl planks that I really liked. They were much less expensive and I'm wondering if they would wear better than wood with 2 small children?

Anyone have experience with these? Also, I have read that the sun can be a problem, anyone with experience?

Thanks in advance!

Commentaires (6)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».