Houzz Logo Print
phil_smith8843306

Worktops - cheaper alternative to Corian

Phil Smith
il y a 7 ans

We're doing a large renovation and I'm sure like most budget has gone out of the window. So where can we save some money without spooking the disign. One thing we're thinking is worktops. White corian is our preferred choice to go with the concrete floor and very dark blue units. Does anyone know a cheaper alternative which still looks good. Thank you in advance.

Commentaires (12)

• bjmc
    il y a 7 ans
    We're in the middle of an extension project and our architects/ designers always work with this http://www.minervaworksurfaces.co.uk
    It's a composite worktop that looks and feels like corian but is a lot cheaper. It's only half installed so far (in white) but looks great.
  • Phil Smith
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 7 ans

Thank you so much bjmc. There website looks good, i've ordered a Swatch sample. Were looking at white also. Any chance you could post a photo of it so far ? Thank you.

• bjmc
    il y a 7 ans
    It's not a great photo I'm afraid as only a small part is in but you can see the sink cut out (for undermounted sink) - I'll see if I can get a better photo later as I think they are putting in the island today......
  • PRO
    Drew Forsyth & co
    il y a 7 ans

Ceasarstone in Osprey- It is their only group 1 colour . FDantastic product. I have done tests at home with red wine, beetroot, tomato ketchup and lemon juice. 48 hours with no marks whatsoever. I will try post a photo of the finished kitchen after next week when we finish.

• PRO
    Impala Stone Ltd
    il y a 7 ans

There are a huge range of worktop options available, we have a large range of Granites and Quartz. Silestone, Ceasarstone, Cimstone, Quartzforms, Compac and Technistone are just a few Quartz brands that we offer. They all have websites where you can view colours available and request samples. If white is what you are looking for then these Quartz brands do have some lovely colour options.

• bjmc
    il y a 7 ans
    Hi there

Here's a picture from today - the island is in now so you get a clearer idea of the worktop. It looks great and we're really pleased!
  • Melanie Moore
    il y a 7 ans

Looks great, how much is minerva compared to Corian, we are in the same situation, thanks

• Jonathan
    il y a 7 ans
    Ask your kitchen designer about some of the laminate options. Some of the top end laminates look the part for about 40% of the cost of a quartz
  • PRO
    ON&ON
    il y a 7 ans

There are also other companies that produce similar products and a bit cheaper, LG Himacs and also Samsung Radianze composites. All of these can be used as a thin sheet (6mm) and built around thicker plywood tops to reduce cost. Any joints can be polished out as it's a composite material!

• PRO
    Broadway Bespoke Kitchens
    il y a 7 ans

We have tried to find a more cost effective solution to Corian may times only to have to go back to the original. It is slightly more expensive but in the long run works out more cost effective.

• Daisy England
    il y a 6 ans
    Look at Pietra. We've sold it and customers have been very happy with it. Cheaper than other brands.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».