Houzz Logo Print
jannedge

What colours can I use with my dark red leather sofa?

Jannjann Edge
il y a 7 ans
Just had my large living room re skimmed - so it's a blank space at the moment. However I want to keep my dark red leather sofas (2- seater and 3- seater). The room will have oak flooring and a black wood burner. My question is what colour scheme should I use for the walls, curtains, walls etc? I'm thinking duck egg Blue or maybe mustard, but my sensible head tells me I should just go for cream which is a bit boring. Any suggestions?

Commentaire (1)

• PRO
    Dulux Amazing Space
    il y a 7 ans

Hi there,

It’s great to be able to work with a blank canvas and good
    fun too. I can see you love bold colours, but it can be hard to find the right
    balance sometimes. I would suggest a soft, calm colour on your walls which will
    enhance your furniture and create a real feature out of them. If you want to
    avoid cream, try a warm neutral tone such as Dulux Rich Praline 5. This
    gorgeous neutral will give your space a new look and complement your dark red
    sofas, allowing you to bring an accent colour in through accessories.

Another tone that works beautifully with red accents is Dulux
    Maraschino Mocha 5 which will add warmth to your room. Alternatively, Dulux
    Dusted Moss 2 is a lovely calm green-grey tone, that will add a touch more
    colour to your space for a fresh look.

I’d recommend you try tester pots of these colours so you can
    see how they work with your natural lighting. I can see in your ideabook that
    you love the wood cabin style – how about creating a feature wall with a wood
    panelling effect on one wall of your room to add some interest through texture
    and pattern? This would look great paired with soft neutral coloured walls.

I hope this helps and happy decorating!

Jo

Dulux Amazing Space

www.designer.duluxamazingspace.co.uk

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».