Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

POLL: See-through bathroom - yay or nay?

Tom Flanagan
il y a 7 ans

Crittall windows have long been a staple on trendy-features-to-have-in-your-home lists and they're becoming a popular interior as well as exterior choice too. For instance, bathrooms are recently adopting them in favour of the standard solid wall. But for many people, style falls behind privacy concerns in this case, where a closed off space is still the preference.

So where do you stand when it comes to a see-through bathroom wall - yay or nay?

Residential Interiors · Plus d'infos

Yay!
Nay!
Errr

Commentaires (23)

• R P
    il y a 7 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 7 ans

I already hate this concept in hotels - would never put one in my own bathroom

• Sonia
    il y a 7 ans

No of course!

• User
    il y a 7 ans
    ERK!!!
  • Lami A
    il y a 7 ans
    I absolutely love it, I just won't put a toilet in there. I want!!!!!
  • lisa77226
    il y a 7 ans
    I share everything with my husband... except bathroom time. I want to live a really long life, never seeing him on the loo!
  • PRO
    Bathroom and Tile Studio
    il y a 7 ans

Us at the bathroom and style studio have seen this style become more popular in recent months

• PRO
    Indigo Acre
    il y a 7 ans

In the right room this is great!

• PRO
    Cuckfield Bathrooms
    il y a 7 ans

Definitely, a customer of mine has this in their Master bedroom and it looks great.

• PRO
    Crest Bathrooms
    il y a 7 ans

I voted Yeh! As they are stunning however most people are not comfortable with this design.

• cally_campbell
    il y a 7 ans
    There are lots of wonderful places where crittal windows can be used; the bathroom is definitely not one of them. This is not a great idea, especially where you have two places used for the same thing i.e. privacy and relaxation - seems to defeat the purpose of both!
  • PRO
    Design Storey
    il y a 7 ans

I think it works for certain lifestyles and in certain situations. For example in this loft in vancouver - although the WC was separate

Loft · Plus d'infos

Loft · Plus d'infos

• PRO
    Montrose Bathroom Furniture
    il y a 7 ans

The bathroom should be a private space for the individuals.

• PRO
    Amoramas Interiors Ltd - Property Stylists
    il y a 7 ans

Open space in a private bedroom creates a feeling of freedom..

• broadleaves
    il y a 7 ans

No thanks - I prefer to keep my privacy. No one needs to see their partner cutting their toenails or tweezing that stray hair of their chin. I stayed in a hotel in Athens where they had a glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom. They had curtains that closed to cover the wall and I did wonder whether they had had to install them because so many of their guests had complained.

• PRO
    Aplan Architectural Design Ltd
    il y a 7 ans

In the right circumstances!

• PRO
    Bill Boyce Decorators
    il y a 7 ans

ya if you are in your twenties and a perfect size 10, na if you are the wrong side of sixty.

• PRO
    User
    il y a 7 ans

I love Crittall and maybe I'd use them for a private en-suite or as a shower door, but for a see through wall to a bathroom, no thank you, that's just mad!

• interface2015
    il y a 7 ans
    its the 21 century folks, still scared of your bodily functions?
  • PRO
    Eau Bathrooms
    il y a 7 ans

May be a great idea for a special weekend in a hotel but possibly not in a family home.

• PRO
    User
    il y a 7 ans

Not ideal for a family home.

• PRO
    Tavistock Bathrooms & Tiles
    il y a 7 ans

looks good

• PRO
    StyleHaven
    il y a 7 ans

I have done some see through bathrooms.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».