Houzz Logo Print
christian_garcia35

Fireplace mantel color

Christian Garcia
il y a 7 ans
I tried to post this before but didn't work.

I am decorating my family room and one of the things I would really like to do is paint the fireplace mantel which is currently stained oak.

I have been told that it looks good as it is but I don't really enjoy the look if it even though the rest of the trim in my house is the same.

I am leaning towards white tones but I am not sure. I know I don't want to go too dark.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Commentaires (3)

• Nancy Ingram
    il y a 7 ans
    I wouldn't go white. I'd stay with more a yellow understone to blend in with the walls and the stained trim. If you know what the lighter wall color is, I'd grab a paint strip and go down to one of the lightest or next to lightest colors.
  • W
    il y a 7 ans
    I think all white trimmings will lighten up the room! Maybe a soft white with no yellow undertones.
  • PRO
    Sheri Law Art Glass
    il y a 7 ans

I would consider granite or a hard surface material - in black to bring up the color of the fireplace and set it off. Maybe find one that has a mix of gray. Let it make a statement. It doesn't look too large, a shop would probably have a cutoff that would work.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».