Houzz Logo Print
um22

Industrial grey or traditional grey bathroom?

URBAN MATTER
il y a 6 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 6 ans

We just can't decide! Let us know your thoughts below.

Industrial

Traditional

Commentaires (24)

• PRO
    Emily Prodinger
    il y a 6 ans

Oooooh tough - I do love the warm feel of the traditional bathroom!

• PRO
    Olivia Kwarda Tuivaga
    il y a 6 ans

Industrial! Love it.

• scottevie
    il y a 6 ans

Hotel/short-stay - industrial grey, Home - traditional grey

• Crissy
    il y a 6 ans
    yes definitely depends on the style of your home...but i love the 'industrial'.
  • julie T
    il y a 6 ans

The top photo gets my vote, although I would call the top photo somewhere in between the two. It does depend on the style of the house.

• msmoo
    il y a 6 ans
    Industrial, but as mentioned above depends on style of the rest of the home.
  • Cate M
    il y a 6 ans
    The tiles in the top photo give the bathroom a luxe feel . . . which is always great in a bathroom.
  • Ann M
    il y a 6 ans
    100% industrial. Looks great. It always easy to stay safe...takes some courage to do something different.
  • Monika Kryger
    il y a 6 ans

Industrial. The traditional one doesn't even look grey.

• annb1997
    il y a 6 ans

I'd choose industrial.

• PRO
    User
    il y a 6 ans

Definitely industrial

• Tilly
    il y a 6 ans
    Industrial
  • Lysia Bell
    il y a 6 ans

Industrial!

• christine_mylo14
    il y a 6 ans
    I prefer the industrial in this comparison but the traditional is more in keeping with the house as you can see from the traditional windows.

We went for Grey in our renovation too.
  • Jen Minda
    il y a 6 ans
    The traditional grey is more for a home. Both are so beautiful, but the traditional grey is more of a home look.
  • houscom
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

Interesting range of comments - Is it that there is a general shift towards an industrial trend?

Topic is far too close for comfort, as I have a bathroom being tiled in a couple of days, have had tiles for a couple of months now, so doubt does set in!! A while back I probably thought I would go towards a traditional look, but looks like I have moved towards the industrial - which the family are fully supportive of - young adults and husband. Our home is . . . transitional, though I hesitate labelling it.

Also these images make me wonder if a cool grey is a more traditional look and a warm grey more representative of an industrial look or modern look?

These are my tiles:

Left pale grey/white for ensuite floor and walls, with white cabinetry work, centre mid grey for family bathroom & laundry floor, with white cabinetry work, right mid grey to darker grey for a large open plan area of kitchen/dinning/small sitting area.

They all feature flecks of whites, greys, taupes, even tans and blue greys.

• debluc
    il y a 6 ans
    Houscom like your choice of tiles. Where did you source them?
    I prefer the "industrial" look...a bit edgy for want of a better word.
  • bextar_81
    il y a 6 ans

I love them both but I like to merge the two together check out pics, we have recycled things from timber to tiles and made it all work from finding most out of auctions would love to know opinions . The support timber is from an old cray boat, the light fittings are from Russian jars, the jarrah bench is from a farm house and the rest of the jarrah was recycled from the original house.

• C P
    il y a 6 ans
    The top one isn't industrial at all, it's contemporary. That quibble aside it works better than the bottom one because it's more cohesive. I don't think the different shades of grey are the factor.
  • Jane of the Jungle
    il y a 6 ans
    It partly depends on the style of your house /unit. Mine is a 1930's style unit. I decided to mix traditional with contemporary in my recent $12k bathroom renovation. I removed the bath to replace with frameless shower, and kept fixtures in the same place. The small hexagonal floor tiles and subway tiles are integrated visually through the same smokey grey grout work. The grey colour continues throughout the unit creating a calming atmosphere. The bamboo additions to the bathroom and Dulux Natural White painted walls above the subway tiles give the bathroom warmth. If you are creating a white bathroom I suggest you use low iron glass for shower cubicle. It's a bit more expensive but worth the $ to get less of that green tinge. Good luck with the decision making!
  • cloudpants
    il y a 6 ans
    Definitely depends on the style of house, but I dont see why you cant combine traditional and industrial elements.
    Personally, the top photo doesn't appeal to me because I don't like the floor and wall tiles together. It seems too busy, although I will admit, luxurious.
    Combo pics below...
  • cloudpants
    il y a 6 ans
    bextar_81 I love your jarrah and russian jar lights. Great job upcycling!
  • houscom
    il y a 6 ans

Photo of tiles above, National, product name "Mash Up" the colour names are very odd!! pale tile - colour name 'Square', mid-tone - colour name 'Block', darker tone colour name - 'Road' only one that makes any sense.

(a subtitle for all seems to be Natural Square - confusing when you are ordering either a square or rectangular tile - a marketing nightmare!!)

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».