Houzz Logo Print
roxshir

Maibec siding - finishing and colour choice

roxshir
il y a 6 ans
Anyone used maibec? We are looking for a griege colour Pepperwood or clarissimo? Any pros/cons of natural rough finish vs brushed? Thanks!

Commentaires (14)

• PRO
    Michael Design
    il y a 6 ans

We use it all of the time. Great product.

• roxshir
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    This is front elevation of home
    Stone will be laffitt permacon mix grey/beige and maybe some charcoal accents?
    Looking at using maibec nutmeg shingles for the peaks
    Struggling with siding
    Black soffit and fascia
    Black windows
    Charcoal? garage doors
  • roxshir
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Michael Kilpatrick - what’s the most commonly ordered profile of Maibec? Thanks!
  • roxshir
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 6 ans
    Mvcanada - can you pls post a pic of part of your exterior to check out colour? Thanks!
  • mvcanada
    il y a 6 ans

Hi, Not a great photo, sorry, I had to crop the people out of it. But you can see the siding and the trim. Also, the shakes in the peak, those are from Maibec as well. The siding reads green, but it is Gettysburg Grey by BM. We went with one of their stock white trims - something like bright white. I didn't custom colour the trim pieces, just the body.

This is in Muskoka, Canada - cottage country...some pretty harsh weather but it looks fantastic.

• PRO
    Michael Design
    il y a 6 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 6 ans

We tend to use the textured channel siding for more traditional looking work mainly because the channel has a strong shadow line.

My other go to is the modern profile with the Urbahn Brushed face.

Photo is the channel profile in #59 natural tone Ocean Spray silver against a Marvin gunmetal grey window.

• PRO
    Maibec
    il y a 6 ans

Hi roxshir, if you're not sure about the colour, you can easily order samples through our website Order samples (USA) or Order samples (Canada)

• sunshine888
    il y a 5 ans

Michael Kilpatrick Design, have you worked with the color Lamosite?

• PRO
    Michael Design
    il y a 5 ans

@sunshine888 I have not used that one, but it's a nice colour. Looking at the sample now here in my office.

• sunshine888
    il y a 5 ans

Michael Kilpatrick Design Do you mind me asking what you used for a corner piece with the Ocean Spray Silver? It seems you can't get a matching corner piece with this color...?

• PRO
    Michael Design
    il y a 5 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 5 ans

We did a custom corner on that job. You may have to use a contrasting colour or something that is slightly different if you want to use the standard Maibec corner trims. http://www.maibec.com/en/wood/products/mouldings-and-corners Because we installed our material vertically we did a mitered corner that was biscuit joined, glued and nailed. There are a number of corner options depending on the look that you are trying to achieve.

• PRO
    Michael Design
    il y a 5 ans

@sunshine888 I just did a quick check on the Maibec site and as Lamosite is a solid colour there are matching corner trims. Or did I miss something?

• sunshine888
    il y a 5 ans

oh I was actually leaning towards the ocean spray silver now that I've seen a sample in person...however I really want a matching corner piece.. guess that just means more work for me to find a matching color or close to it. Thanks for your help!

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».