Houzz Logo Print
ckinchen

Where can I find a 4 x 9 rug for my kitchen?

ckinchen
il y a 5 ans
When I need help, you guys are the best! My new tile floors are in the center of traffic and starting to show dirt. I plan to seal them, but need a 4 x 9 runner or rug. Something easy to clean. Any ideas on where I could find something like this? I can't find one that size. Or any other ideas on rug placement in this high traffic area? 5ft wide is too wide, I can do 4 or 4.8..but 5 does not fit and 9 or 10 ft long would be ideal. Thank you in advance!

Commentaires (8)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    il y a 5 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 5 ans

I have a large rug in my kitchen and it's not a problem but I don't have children. Try esalerugs (they have free returns), rugsusa, Wayfair, Overstock, e-bay and amazon. With your lovely neutral kitchen I would go for a patterned red Oriental rug which won't show dirt. If you get polypropylene you can take it outside, clean it and hose it off.

• PRO
    J. Stephens Interiors
    il y a 5 ans

Best if you need an odd size rug to take a stock wool carpet and have it bound to the size you want. Wool will clean well for you. However I agree with CALIDESIGN in this application I have used runners

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    il y a 5 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 5 ans

4 x 9 is a size that you'd have to have custom-cut. I agree with cali above that a runner, which is often 2.5 - 2.8 wide and 8, 9, 10 or 12 feet long, would be nice.

Start here and see of you find any you like. Many are 40% off.

https://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/control/search-keywords?#/?_=&sort.bestselling3m=desc&q=2.8%20x%2010%20runner

• yvonnecmartin
    il y a 5 ans

You could also try Flor carpet tiles. They attach to each other, not to the floor. It was a great solution to my problem of needing an odd size for our kitchen. https://www.flor.com/ 

They wash up easily with a hose.

it has been suggested to buy a few extra tiles in case one gets damaged.

• Gretchen
    il y a 5 ans
    eBay has great Turkish carpets from a variety of sellers in all sorts of odd sizes.
  • engrgirl
    il y a 5 ans

You can also buy any bigger rug and take it to a carpet binding place to have them cut it down ans bind the edges. I did a 3.75 x 6.5 ft rug this way and it cost around $110 for the edge binding. They said any carpet or tufted-style rug would be ok, but a woven or braided styles (that would fall apart when edges are cut) would have needed an additional backing applied to hold it together when cut.

• Olychick
    il y a 5 ans

I agree - check on esalerugs.com, overstock, wayfair, etc. for polypropylene runners. Don't cover the whole width, just runner width. esale's are quite narrow 2' 2", so I might look elsewhere for one 2'6" to 3'.

Poly rugs have come a long way in appearance and softness. Take them onto the sidewalk or driveway and hose it off when dirty. Nothing stains it, easy to vacuum it clean.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».