Houzz Logo Print
neverwasbeen

Enter bedroom through walk in robe?

neverwasbeen
il y a 5 ans

I was thinking about how to create separation between master bedroom and living areas. Most people recommend a hallway. Bit of a waste of space if the hallway doesn't lead to anywhere else. It's there anything wrong with connecting the bedroom and living area with a walkin?

Commentaires (9)

• me me
    il y a 5 ans
    I think it would feel weird walking through a cupboard to get to the bedroom.
  • annb1997
    il y a 5 ans

Not a cupboard.

• neverwasbeen
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 5 ans

If I ensure that the walkway is a normal hall width, then it should just be like walking through a hall, right? Maybe you have clothes in plain sight or sticking out at you, but you can put them behind a wardrobe door if you want to. I can't think of anything wrong with it, but I've never seen it.

I can't see any usability issues either. You want to get dressed or change when you enter or leave the room, right?

• annb1997
    il y a 5 ans

Here's downstairs floor plan. You can see the small hallway between Bed 1 and study. Dimensions look like 2.8m long x I'm only guessing 1m wide, but it could be slightly more. We had no issues moving furniture through this space. It was more than adequate.

• Nicole A
    il y a 5 ans

I think as long as you have wardrobe doors rather than open hanging, it would be fine.

• me me
    il y a 5 ans
    With doors I think it would look OK. Without doors you are really travelling through your wardrobe each time you enter and exit the room.
  • me me
    il y a 5 ans
    What about when one of you are in the walkin choosing clothes and the other one wants to go in or out of the room.
  • PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    il y a 5 ans

it's a personal choice. If re-sale is relevant, weird floorplans can impact on prospective buyer appeal. Also depends on whether you are a person that generally invites other people into the space, and if so, whether you care what visitors see.

If not, then this seems to be driven by your desire for maximising your floor space rather than having what you consider large scale hallway. A good compromise would be to use this space for shallow wardrobe items such as shoes, folded clothes and drawers, all of which are easily concealed behind doors yet only require a depth externally of 400mm -this will keep the space more open than a 600mm deep wardrobe and take a lot of storage requirement out of you wardrobe leaving you generous space for hanging.

The narrow cabinetry would also work for utility items such as brooms /linen etc

Linen on the Left, Luggage in the Centre and Gift and Craft on the Right · Plus d'infos

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».