Houzz Logo Print
magdolin_salib

How high should my kitchen island and dining table be?

Magdoline S
il y a 5 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 5 ans

We are installing a kitchen like the photo attached, what are the standard heights for the island and the dining table?
Regards

Commentaires (10)

• oklouise
    il y a 5 ans

standard kitchen counter height 900mm and table height about 750mm

• Lisa Imbruglia
    il y a 5 ans

As long as your dishwasher fits under the bench you’ll be fine. they stand 82-85 high!

• PRO
    Made In Italy Kitchens
    il y a 5 ans
    The standard bench height is 900mm, but it can be higher, so to be beneficial from an ergonomic point of view, unless the cooktop is in the island, in which case we would suggest to stay with 900mm.

For the table height, the European standard is between 750 and 780.

The configuration you refer to is quite versatile and trendy from a design point of view.

All the best!
  • PRO
    Daniel Lindahl Architecture
    il y a 5 ans

I find 750 too high for a table. most chairs have a 450-460 seat height, and you really want no more than 250-270 between the chair and the table or you are going to need a thick cushion to sit on. So to my mind, 700-730 is the ideal table top range.

• olldroo
    il y a 5 ans

Bench top - what ever height you can comfortably work at without getting an aching back. Dining table - choose your chairs first and make the table height to fit them.

• samie35
    il y a 5 ans

I was told to bend arms at the elbow then have forearms parallel to the floor with hands outstretched - that is a comfortable/ergonomic bench height for me. My sister did this and no sore back working in her kitchen:) The sink - arms stretched down and hands flat on base of sink = comfort. Chairs are made to suit the male proportions -higher- so generally to get comfortable women (as usually women are shorter from ankle to knee) - have to cross their legs so the hips can relax. (I have seriously thought of cutting just 2cm from our chair legs )

• kiwimills
    il y a 5 ans
    Nice!!

My benches are all 950 as I'm 5 ft 7. I requested that. No sore back. ( have 100 mm thick benches!)
  • Jennifer Bradley
    il y a 5 ans

Bench height should depend on the heights of those who are going to be mainly using it. Go with absolute standard if everyone is average heights, but you might want to add a bit if half your household is somewhat over six feet.

• chartuck
    il y a 5 ans

I am only 5ft 2" tall and my husband is 6ft, so I find standard height benches a bit too high, especially if I am preparing/making food that takes a long time. In our previous house, the benches were lower, so obviously the person who designed it was a "shorty" like me. So if you are the "chief cook and bottle washer" I would suggest you have them at the height that suits YOU, after all, you are using them on a daily basis for a LOT of years! Good luck

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».