Houzz Logo Print
forzaitalia

Please share what’s looking good in your garden this month! Part II

Sonia
il y a 4 ans

Last month’s garden post was very popular, so let’s do another one for July! Wonderful time of year with so much in flower. Here’s mine

Petunias

Clematis Belle Etoile

Double Petunias

Lavender

Star Jasmine

Commentaires (57)

• E D
    il y a 4 ans

Sorry, I think I revived your old one...

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Don’t worry E D so did I!

• Nate218
    il y a 4 ans

This is mine... amazing colours!

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Beautiful roses!

• tamp75
    il y a 4 ans

My petunias are looking fab - inspired by another post on here (thanks Forzaitalia!) They also smell lovely in the early morning & evening - not something I’ve noticed with Petunias before. Also pleased with my hydrangea Annabelle. I bought three as 3 inch high plants in spring last year & they’re flowering beautifully for the first time now. Finally, I’m really pleased with the way my deep border is filling out & starting to flower. All planted new at the end of last summer & this spring so it’s early days but doing well.

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Tamp wonderful display!

• Patrina
    il y a 4 ans

Tamp gorgeous especially lovr thòse Hydrengeas

• Suzanne C
    il y a 4 ans

My giant hosts comes out every year and our ducks love nibbling the flowers. They all walked away as I stopped to take photos...

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

How cute Suzanne!

• E D
    il y a 4 ans

That's so cool. Ducks in the garden.

Where do they swim?

• Gabby Wong
    il y a 4 ans

oh wow! the ducks are so cute!

• E D
    il y a 4 ans

Hortensia

Same Hortensia

Looks like 2019 will be a vintage wine year... :-D

• rachelmidlands
    il y a 4 ans

Banana Custard!!! No seriously....that’s what it’s called verbascum ‘banana custard’ :-) At 6ft tall it’s a bit of a whopper and an absolute joy to see as I gave up hope after I planted it then realized it’s a biennial so I’ve been waiting two years for it. The giant leaves in front are Tetrapanax papyrifer ‘rex’ or Chinese rice paper plant, another one my faves:)

• rachelmidlands
    il y a 4 ans

And rose arch is coming along nicely now:) Included a solar light which I call ‘sun ball’ (so I can see sunshine on a rainy day;))

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Love the colour of that Hydrangea E D.

What a perfect name for a yellow plant Rachel! Pretty rose too.

• tamp75
    il y a 4 ans

Love your pink rose Rachelmidlands.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    il y a 4 ans

Lots of Beautiful things in your gardens peeps !!!
    The only beautiful thing in my garden recently was my daughter - dressed up ready for Prom with her boyfriend ! She’s shy so won’t let me post a pic - but they did look most lovely !!!! (proud mum moment !)

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

How lovely OnePlan. I don’t have children but when I saw my niece all grown up and dressed up for her prom I cried! Silly me.......

• E D
    il y a 4 ans

Anyone know what the name for this plant is? When it first started growing I thought it was some kind of cabbage.

It seems irresistible to bees et al.

• PRO
    i-architect
    il y a 4 ans

E D it looks like a poppy to me?! Very pretty

• Gabby Wong
    il y a 4 ans

It reminds me of a poppy E D!

Maybe like this but paler in colour

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Looks like an Opium Poppy. They seed themselves everywhere.

• Gabby Wong
    il y a 4 ans

Forzaitalia, You just spun me off on a internet hole researching whether all poppies produce opium or not! lol... turns out they don't for anyone who's interested.. never knew that!

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Gabby even Monty Don called them opium poppies haha! We don’t want to get arrested do we? :-D

• Gabby Wong
    il y a 4 ans

lol I mean I knew opium came from poppies... just didn't realise it wasn't all varieties! lol.. I'd hope that as long as it's not a whole field of them you'd probably be alright! Unlike cannabis plants I believe you need a lot of poppies for any realistic narcotic benefit (according to my recent research!) LOL :-)

• E D
    il y a 4 ans

Apart from the colour, the oriental poppy looks very similar. Has the same buds and leaves as mine.

The opium one looks different.

How dare you guys suggest I grow opium! :-)

Ironically I have poppies in my avatar. :)

• Carolina
    il y a 4 ans

Really enjoying seeing everyone's gorgeous garden pics. Thought I'd share some parts of my garden too, in its current state :-) first ones are of a small patio that I call 'the salad bar'. Lots of different leaf salads, cherry tomatoes, courgettes in pots. And some flowers.

• Carolina
    il y a 4 ans

Sorry, might be an overload, but some more pics of other parts of the garden...

• Carolina
    il y a 4 ans

And some of a shaded part. Spot the bumblebee...

• Carolina
    il y a 4 ans

And I have a small vegetable plot too. With flowering Bok Choi, that I should remove, but the hover flies love it so much

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Wow how lovely Carolina! Love your garden, all that lovely produce. I can’t remember Carolina but are you in the UK? :-)

• Carolina
    il y a 4 ans

I'm Dutch and I'm in the Netherlands :-)

• Gabby Wong
    il y a 4 ans

Carolina - Wow! Love the variety (especially the addition of the pooch!) and how much of it is edible!

• Carolina
    il y a 4 ans

Yep, slugs and snails enjoy it too ;-) I can highly recommend sowing salad leafs in containers. Could even be done on a balcony. If you want a fresh salad, just get your scissors out and snip off some leafs.

• Gabby Wong
    il y a 4 ans

I'm hoping that next year I'll manage to have the work (that's started today!!) on the house done... and early enough to get something done with the garden to grow stuff outside again! I grew loads of different things a few years back in loads of pots.. but was difficult to keep up with the watering requirements! so I think a raised bed is what I'm aiming for eventually!

• Carolina
    il y a 4 ans

Sounds sensible. Good luck with (or is it 'on'?. Well, you know what I mean ;-) ) your building project.

• Patrina
    il y a 4 ans

Carolina lovely, my garden wants to grow up yo be like yours :-) how gorgeous with all the lovely produce.

• Gabby Wong
    il y a 4 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 4 ans

I think either work, though I'd probably also go with "with" as you say, I know what you mean!

Patrina - love that phrasing "my garden wants to grow up to be like yours :-) " it's so true!

• E D
    il y a 4 ans

6 ft high lilies

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Beautiful lilies E D. :-)

• Jonathan
    il y a 4 ans

The polar bears have finally gone!

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Hurrah at last Jonathan! Lovely formal corner of your garden :-)

• E D
    il y a 4 ans

We have these lilies in the bedroom, but for some reason they’re not half as fragrant as our garden ones...

:-D

• Patrina
    il y a 4 ans

My Gladioli are starting to show :-)

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Lovely show of colour E D and Patrina. Very Dame Edna!

• Ribena Drinker
    il y a 4 ans

I have to say my whole garden is finally looking good at the moment!

We had to have a trench dug across it last year for the new drains for the kitchen, plus we've had trees taken down, new patios laid, beds made and a whole bed of ground elder laid fallow and covered for over a year.

Consequently, since Easter, we have been "doing" the garden - well I say we, it's actually the OH doing all the grunt work, digging, planting and re-planting (oops), with me in a purely managerial capacity and doing a bit of dead heading.

This is what it was like in 2017

And last year

• Ribena Drinker
    il y a 4 ans

And this is it now

Crikey it was a slog up loading those!

• Patrina
    il y a 4 ans

Looking good Ribena love how you have given so much of your garden over to beds. :-) On my side after a week away I've come back to a storm beaten garden :-( and though I love giving my flowers a long happy life in my beds. I've had to bring some of my fallen blooms inside.

• Sonia
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Ribena what a lovely garden! Good size too. Love your stone circle patio.

Patrina crazy weather today. My parasol went flying! Good that you’ve rescued so many of your blooms.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».