Houzz Logo Print
maguire_nora

Desperately seeking curtain colour - modern Lounge

stella daisy
il y a 4 ans

Hello - I live in a modern apartment with one lounge / kitchen space. In the living room area we have one sage green feature wall, the other walls are white, one pink chair and a grey L shaped couch. Im struggling for ideas of curtains - we have no pattern in the entire room - but also the room also houses the kitchen so dont want anything which makes it look too living room or small. Ive been on the hunt for two years - so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Commentaires (7)

• Sonia
    il y a 4 ans

We are getting a lot of people asking about curtains lately 😊. I like simple, plain curtains of a similar colour to the walls. However, you say the walls are white, apart from the green one, yet on my screen the walls look peach and yellow so finding it hard to suggest a colour or style. I think curtains in a similar shade to the grey sofa may look good? Doesn’t have to be an exact match, just a similar tone.

• stella daisy
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

Thanks both for the tips !

• Dee Cee
    il y a 4 ans

I would also go for something simple, plain and elegant - not overbearing in colour or pattern. Curtains can be expensive so you want them to stand the test of time and you can put texture and interest in cushions and throw which can be easily changed. I would also take the rail beyond the window so that the curtains do not block out the natural light when drawn back.

stella daisy a remercié Dee Cee
  • stella daisy
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 4 ans

thanks Dee !

• minipie
    il y a 4 ans

I like the see through effect of what you have at the moment, and I’m guessing you only need the curtain for privacy and softening, not blackout?. So I would suggest a heavy voile or unlined linen in an off white. Perhaps one single large curtain so it all stacks to the right where you have a larger wall stub. Modern heading (eg wave or euro pleat) and either a track or a very simple metal pole. I would steer clear of anything too heavy or dark.

• Carolina
    il y a 4 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 4 ans

I'm with minipie, my first thought was an off-white sheer curtain with a wave heading.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».