Houzz Logo Print
raggiosole

Living room layout - Need Help

Raggio Sole
il y a 2 ans

This is the living room and corresponding dimensions. I am lost in terms of the proper furniture layout. I am in the process of purchasing sofas, coffee table, etc and need help deciding proper placement. I would love to keep the room open by placing 2 different leather sofas, one big and one small one, right in front of each other with a round coffee table in between. Should I fit a chair in there too? Am I doing it right? I previously had a big leather sectional in the room and it made the room seem smaller and blocking the entry into the room. I’d love to hear what the experts would do. Leather sofas are expensive and really don’t want to mess this up again. I definitely need help with this. Thanks in advance!

Commentaires (125)

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Yes, I really like that fan @RL. I also like that black 3 light fixture. What should I do for the 2 floor lamp style? I am tackling those next

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    il y a 2 ans

i like the one you got, I think the other needs to wait for the sofa to be in the room honestly.

• Discussions associées

à vous - apart à refaire - 5eme SO mais panne d'inspiration (en vo)

Q

Commentaires (6)
    Good evening, please make a selection of what can remain or not, the wooden floors seems to be ok already, make a selection of tendency you like, modern, classic, chic or completely different. Colors selection needed. We see only one room please add more details.
    ... Voir plus

Besoin de conseils pour choisir les rideaux pour un salon scandinave

Q

Commentaires (84)
    bonjour, ils sont très bien les rideaux que vous avez trouvé, le bleu est bien clair et dans les tons pastels que nous utilisions beaucoup en Scandinavie. Le bleu assortie pour le coussin est parfait. Si vous souhaitez vous rapprocher du style Scandinave il faut choisir entre rideaux et voilage comme on ne mets jamais le deux, beaucoup trop lourd pour nous intérieurs ou on essaye toujours garder une luminosité maximale. En Tunisie vous avez le problème contraire donc il faudra s'adapter et trouver une équilibre entre le style Scandinave et vous besoins. Si vous souhaitez avoir une voilage je conseillerai vivement un blanc uni, sans rayure! votre tableau bleu et jaune sera très bien avec l'ensemble, il est très beau!
    ... Voir plus

Comment améliorer ce plan de cuisine?

Q

Commentaires (36)
    Microwave next to the table would solve the bad looks and the height issue. Normally upper cabinets can be about 48cm above countertop, but since it looks better to have them on the same height as the built-in hood, you'll need 60cm. But if you're 1.60m you could consider a free hanging hood and some upper cabinets next to it, otherwise all uppers would be too high for you and you'd only use the lower shelf. And even better: Buy an oven with microwave function! (already posted that I think) Oven with microwave is different than microwave with grill. I even have a 12 year old tiny Panasonic combi that makes perfect bread and pizza!
    ... Voir plus

Cuisine 11 m2 avec ilot ?

Q

Commentaires (761)
    Ces derniers sont meilleure en finition et juste la couleur qui me reste a chosir. c'est du parquet imitation bois made in spain.
    ... Voir plus
  • Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

The sofa and coffee table are in place. Here are a few pics. I LOVE the room now and I would have never set it up this nice without all your help. Thank you so much!! Could you now help me to finish the room? I need help with side tables and lamp.

1. Is the side table I have between the two swivel chairs ok? I already owned it and not sure if it looks ok there.
    2. Which style side table should I place next to the leather sofa? How about black metal legs with white marble top? Round or rectangular?
    3. Which adjustable pharmacy lamp next to the sofa should I go with?
    4. Which floor lamp should I place to the right of the tv? I returned the one I had, it was too greenish and it was 62” tall and made the room look so short.
      If you guys send me links to the stuff you think I need I will just purchase them and move on. Thank you!!!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    il y a 2 ans

Nice! Lose the dumpy fan : )

All on the sofa can reach the cocktail.....a little accessorizing please? Kids/practical : ) A stack of books, a basket for magazines,,,,,, remotes ...texture.

Emphasize a little. What is between the chairs? Seems fine though can't see closely.

I'm picky on l amps.beware huge shades. ......and square shades.

Get some ART OVER THE FIRE,,,,,,, Pull some color from that, for pillows......and even a couple pouf ottomans : ) at the chairs

Lights on Shades of Light

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    il y a 2 ans

Love it. I am guessing you will center the rug once the tree is gone? I think you really need to change that fan out, it's going to make a big impact on the room. I would also pull the sofa and chairs off the wall a little. Little nesting tables might be nice next to the sofa, some pillows with texture, and maybe a sheepskin ish throw blanket on the sofa? Lamps are hard and slightly personal. I like the floor lamp that Jan posted bc it looks adjustable.

You could do a seme flush or small chandelier or you could do a 44-inch fan I love the wave from Minka Aire.

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Awesome! I am going with the plan then. I got all the lamps Jan suggested. I really like them. I got the Minka Air Wave fan and those nesting tables. Previously, Jan recommended an adjustable pharmacy lamp between the fireplace and sofa. Should I still get one? If so, which style? Are any of these any good?

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    il y a 2 ans

wait on the additional lamp, so we can really see what it looks like. I am so excited you got the minka fan love that fan.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    il y a 2 ans

ottoman? also I redid the fireplace hahaha

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    il y a 2 ans

The two standing lamps were for both sides of couch...put a TABLE lamp between the chairs. Yes to fan. yes to ottoman or pouf.

Good GRIEF LOL Have we taught you nothing ???: ) RL and I will not rest unti;l the kludgy fire wall is cleaned up and UN I FIED

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Got it. So, I will purchase one more of those standing lamps, so I have one at each sofa end. Thank you for pointing that out! Unifying, centering and cleaning the fire wall is definitely part of the plan and I will update as we move along for sure. Everything just takes time for us since it’s all DIY projects and kids are around 🤪

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    il y a 2 ans

Oh, that is too funny Jan! this room will be a showcase when finished lol.

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Update:

we installed 8 recessed ceiling lights as well as a new ceiling fan;

floor lamps and table lamps are here;

little nesting tables are here.

Here are lots of pics showing different possible configurations. What should I do? (any light that doesn't work in here I can move it to a different room)

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

More configurations:

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

More configurations:

• Kathy Furt
    il y a 2 ans

I personally don’t like the small end tables with any of the lamps. Have you tried having the couch face the tv with the coffee table in front of it? It still looks unbalanced to me. But I’m no pro!!

• Kathy Furt
    il y a 2 ans

I like the floor lamps without end tables at all

• Kathy Furt
    il y a 2 ans

And you need a mirror over the fireplace

• pat1250
    il y a 2 ans

Following

• liasch
    il y a 2 ans

This option looks best to me, working with what you have. I would not bracket the couch with the two floor lamps.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    il y a 2 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 2 ans

For heaven sake..............the purpose of the cocktail was it's easy reach. The little wood table is too small. Return it.

Move the entire arrangement forward a bit, get the couch on center with the bog window..........and just do as below.

Nothing will feel perfect until the fire wall is unified..........: ) Putting the standing lamps at end corners?? Simply draws an eye to a not great wall. Stop.

Keep ONE of the two table lamps - I'd keep the navy/gray

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Perfect. Thank you for the feedback. @JAN when you say the navy/gray table lamp, do you mean the one with the two-tone base?
    We’ll tackle the fireplace wall next :-).

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    il y a 2 ans

I mean the two tone base , yes )

• liasch
    il y a 2 ans

Jan, do you think this works? I don’t think it works particularly well.

• Amanda Smith
    il y a 2 ans

How about a large oval mirror over the fireplace to break up all those rectangles and to add some balance?

• Amanda Smith
    il y a 2 ans

• Amanda Smith
    il y a 2 ans

Have you tried floating the sofa in the room opposite the tv wall with the the chairs on the other wall, lamp in between the chairs, tree in the opposite window?

• Amanda Smith
    il y a 2 ans

I would remove all those items from the mantel. I wouldn’t aim for symmetry on the mantel since that wall is not symmetrical. You need items in an asymmetrical arrangement.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    il y a 2 ans

Does it work......... she asked above

way back when I did this, over 150 comments ago.....:. The inches do not lie. It is to scale. 1/4 inch to one foot.

None of us can fix the bones/flaws in the space, and by that I mean the things beyond selection. of furnishings. UNIFY the flooring to hardwood - the tile ? WHY???

Unify the disjointed wall of fire.

But the inches above do not lie." "

EVERYTHING ELSE IS BEATING A DEAD HORSE : )

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    il y a 2 ans

LOVE IT

But loose the frilly on the mantel, pull the sofa and chairs in a bit. And something about the table lamp is too stout. Maybe it's a reading lamp? Anyway it looks absolutely amazing.. and I love the fan

:)

• liasch
    il y a 2 ans

That looks good… I like the painting over the fireplace idea. I guess my problem with the table lamp on the left-hand side of the couch is it looks like it’s floating in space but perhaps it looks better from the whole room view.

• Amanda Smith
    il y a 2 ans

I also like the painting there. The wall looks balanced now. Nothing will look right in that room until the wall looks balanced, imho.

• Kathy Furt
    il y a 2 ans

Ok so the room is too small to move the couch? Got it

• Amanda Smith
    il y a 2 ans

Looks to me like the sofa will fit facing the fireplace if the chairs go in each corner.

• everdebz
    il y a 2 ans

Above is your photo showing 'cage' lantern frames--- of coffee table, 2 lamps, dining light - it has a very nice look. Over mantel, simple art/ canvas piece that suits the neutrals on that wall in particular will work fine. RL's black frame/ art 'creates' a 3 item triangle shape that's pleasing imo.

• everdebz
    il y a 2 ans

H 13.96" standard, low, or angled mounting. Contemporary with a little flare of retro. Includes Integrated light kit with painted cased white glass. 4'' and 2'' downrods.

Casablanca 44" Wisp Pewter Ceiling Fan With Light and Remote · Plus d'infos

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

First of all, thank you all for such great feedback! I am now trying to decorate and tie in my front rooms and entry way with the living room/kitchen area. The black sofa room is for the kids and that couch is staying for now and having his second life in there. I am thinking to start by selecting 3 rugs for the entry way and each front room to work together and I am lost. Would you help me decorate and make these rooms as nice as the living room area? thank you! Here are a few pics.

Entry Way

Kids Room

Desk Room

• cubby14
    il y a 2 ans

Are you open to bringing in some color or are you sticking with the more neutral palette? I was thinking Navy or other blue?

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

I’m sticking with a neutrale palette as in the living room and prefer bringing color through pillows, art, etc.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    l'année dernière
    Dernière modification :l'année dernière

OK MY FIRST THOUGHTS;

1. how wide is the entry, wondering if we could do a round rug in that space to pick up on the chandelier. get rid of the plant stand, and where the kids art is at the end of the hall maybe stack to prints there to draw the eye down?

2. ditch that coffee table in the kids room, Id think some movable ottomans would be a good bet and then just add some end tables for drinks. Id get a rug that has a little color, maybe look at ruggables? They are machine washable. then its just a matter of pillows and some cozy blankets.

3. I think the office/mud room is what it is, maybe you get a bold piece of art between the two back window.

Raggio Sole a remercié RL Relocation LLC
  • Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

The entry area where I have the rug now is 114” long X 63.5” wide. That rug is actually a ruggable and I don’t like it. It just looks like a rug on the floor, too thin and cheap looking.
    In terms
    Of the rugs, I really love this first rug and I am trying to mix and match with other 2 rugs but I am not sure if they work all together in those rooms:

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    l'année dernière

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

Yes, 3 rectangular rugs next to each other might be too much. This is with 2 rectangular rugs just to have an idea….

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

How about a round jute rug at the entry like this?

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

Or I could do a white washed jute rug or wool rug at the entry like this…. But it might look too similar to the rugs I would place in the side rooms??

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

Here are a few rugs I am considering next to each other but I totally need help deciding

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    l'année dernière

I wouldnt put a rug in the office, it will be hard to roll the chairs around, and even with a chair matt it will and in an odd place and be uneven under the chair.

And too that I wouldnt do a white rug, it will just get dirty, jute might be a good option.

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

Yes, I agree about the rug in the office. However, I really feel that room needs a rug to pull it all together…. So, I am not sure what to do about it. In the mean time, I am going for this look in the kids room with this rug shown in the pic. In terms of the coffee table, I LOVE the one up top… but way expensive. Therefore, I am going to buy one of those other 3 tables shown in the pic , so I can use the metal frame…and have my husband put a white real marble top on top and a thick wood sheet at the bottom,.. so I can re-create the sane look for less. Which coffee table frame should I go for? By the way, they are all rated for 250lbs or more

• cubby14
    l'année dernière

If you're looking to make it feel like the top one I would do the first rectangular one. Legs are more in line with with the feel of the first. Second choice is the last one. Not a fan of the middle one, too heavy feeling.

• Raggio Sole
    Auteur d'origine
    l'année dernière

We are working on fixing the fireplace bubbly in wall. We want to do shiplap to tie in with the kitchen area. Should the shiplap go on the entire wall or should it stop on the left side of the fireplace and right side of the built in? Also, would you place a picture gallery on the fireplace or should I place the gallery on a different wall? Thank you

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».