Houzz Logo Print
webuser_51011877

please help me pick a pendant

Which color will work better? I’m worried that the silver one will make the whole kitchen too dark, since everything is gray-ish….The pendant is from west elm, https://www.westelm.com/m/products/sculptural-glass-globe-pendant-metallic-ombre-w3680/?cm_src=M: . I also attached a photo for the counterstool that I have. Thanks!

Commentaires (14)

• Utilisateur Houzz - 51011877
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 2 ans

Because when my husband and I were shopping for pendants, we came across this style, and he said that he liked this one the most. But it was a bit over our budget... Now it’s almost Christmas time and I wanted to surprise him :)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    il y a 2 ans

Don't love it, but I think the silver. Your budget is restrictive, ...........so up the road perhaps a switch : )

• Rachel Lee
    il y a 2 ans

Silver

• roccouple
    il y a 2 ans

Silver. are your pulls bronze?

• PRO
    Bergen Furniture & Design
    il y a 2 ans

According to you silver is not better option but my opinion that you will have to go with silver and you can manage it time to time.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 2 ans

I like the silver since the other one connects to nothing in the space and IMO a colored barstool would be a much better choice to get out of gray for everythingI have a gray and white kitchen but orange and whit stools . Just make sure whatever light you get it ights the island and in your kitchen all that lighting needs to be LED 4000K to keep the whites white

• PRO
    ej Architects
    il y a 2 ans

Chrome ! Always !!

• Steph Castonguay
    il y a 2 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 2 ans

I know you're not asking this, but are those pendants 100% set in stone? Your kitchen looks like a blank slate, which means you can go pretty big and dramatic with your island lighting. Something with a little more "oomph" to it. If you are really loving those pendants I would go silver and 13", and look for other ways to add warmth with your styling, perhaps swapping out the stools for cognac leather instead. Something rich like that would pair beautifully with your backsplash and help to ground the space, keeping it from feeling too grey/ cold

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    il y a 2 ans

I agree with Steph - go big(ger) and dramatic with your lighting fixtures. I might suggest that your selection include some visible glass.

• stiley
    il y a 2 ans

Like you said, I worry that the silver will make everything one-dimensional, but I do think they coordinate better than the gold. What about something with texture? I don't know your dimensions, but these might be large enough that two would make an impact.

These tie in some texture with your colors.

• thinkdesignlive
    il y a 2 ans

So you’re retrofitting the 3 recessed lights to be pendants? Are those currently centered over the island?

• thinkdesignlive
    il y a 2 ans

These are pricey but they would balance your dark backsplash - Niche Solitaire Pendants:

https://www.houzz.com/photos/corna-del-mar-transitional-kitchen-orange-county-phvw-vp~89661864

• PRO
    Amy Peltier Interior Design & Home
    il y a 2 ans

Here are a few designs of ours. Please notice the pendants and how they work well in the kitchens.

Transitional Home · Plus d'infos

Modern Ranch · Plus d'infos

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».