Houzz Logo Print
theresa_joy

Tadelakt plaster for shower? Waterproof?

Theresa Joy
il y a 10 ans
Is love to do my shower \ bath in plaster instead of tiles. I'v been reading that Tadelakt plaster is waterproof. Does anyone have experience with it in a shower area?

Commentaires (7)

• PRO
    TMK Remodeling
    il y a 10 ans
    I have no experience with that product but suggest you still install cement board substrate if you decide to go that route. I would want to see a few installs and have a good warranty in case of failure.
  • Theresa Joy
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Hmm. I was going apply the plaster myself. I have no experience but have been watching and reading tutorials. We had the cement boards professionally installed in the shower. The plaster seemed like something I could do myself. But I'm weary now that of I don't do it properly the shower won't be waterproof.
  • Theresa Joy
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 10 ans
    Not even sure where to purchase it ... Not easy to find
  • PRO
    TMK Remodeling
    il y a 10 ans
    Hire a plasterer. They will do this in an hour and it will be perfect. You will do it in 4 hours and it will look ????
  • PRO
    Stucco Italiano Sverige AB
    il y a 10 ans
    You should definitely hire professionals for the tadelakt work. An experienced plasterer makes something like 4 sqm/day. Google the company that owns the picture and you will find everything you need. You can PM me if you have any questions about tadelakt.
  • PRO
    Just the Finish / tadelsktsydney
    il y a 9 ans
    I have been using tierrifino stone - tadelakt for around five years now. There are some examples, descriptions and application guide on my website. http ://www.tadelaktsydney.com.au
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».