9 Discussions
garydg a lancé une discussion
Garlic left in ground from previous harvest - Some of the cloves I planted either last fall or last spring were inadvertently left in the ground. I'm in Oregon and it is still mild and w... Lire plus
    3 Commentaires
garydg a lancé une discussion
Fennel - Left in ground 3 years - I planted fennel about three years ago. It grew healthy each year, flowered, went to seed, and started over the next year. Never paid much a... Lire plus
    6 Commentaires
garydg a lancé une discussion
Garlic left in ground over winter - I planted cloves last spring and they sprouted leaves a few weeks later and continued to grow through summer. I left them in the ground ove... Lire plus
    11 Commentaires
garydg a lancé une discussion
Garlic Clove Planting - What amount of drying time is necessary to plant a clove from a harvested bulb?
    1 Commentaire
garydg a lancé une discussion
When can seeds be used - general question - My chive plants bloomed, the blooms died, and seeds formed/matured. I cut the dead blooms off and have saved the seeds. How much time does a... Lire plus
    1 Commentaire
garydg a lancé une discussion
Basic Butterfly Questions - I see posts about planting certain plants to attract butterflies but do the butterflies leave eggs on these same plants? Is there a cross r... Lire plus
    5 Commentaires
garydg a lancé une discussion
Sprinkler System Issue - The former homeowner removed the sprinkler control box and I am left with wires, that went to the valves, hanging out the wall. The valves ... Lire plus
    3 Commentaires
garydg a lancé une discussion
Noble Fir - Re-establishing Top Growth after Deer Browsing - Several of our Noble Fir have had deer browse that removed the top or head of the tree. The trees are 1 1/2 - 3 feet tall and other wise hea... Lire plus
    2 Commentaires
garydg a lancé une discussion
Replanting Blue Spruce - This tree goes somewhat dormant over winter here in western Oregon. Unfortunatly that is precisely the time when the soil is wet/muddy makin... Lire plus
    1 Commentaire