10 Discussions
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Has anyone used a pressure cooker to prep apples for applesauce? - I would like to take crabapples whole and pressure cook them. This way, I think, I won't get much water in them and can make applesauce/but... Lire plus
    4 Commentaires
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Dave and Carol aka Digdirt and Readinglady - knowledge transfer - Dave & Carol. I am impressed with your depth of knowledge on a continual basis. I was wondering if either of you have a degree in food... Lire plus
    15 Commentaires
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Chia Seeds as a thickener - I was asked today about whether it is safe to add Chia seeds to jam as a thickener. To my surprise, there are a lot of recipes on the net, ... Lire plus
    1 Commentaire
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Steam Juicing - Has anyone tried to steam juice Guava and if so, did it work or not? I have quite a bit and want to make jelly and/or jam.
    Commenter
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Ginger Jam or Marmalade - I would like to make a strong ginger marmalade. I thought I'd use ginger root as well as chopped candied ginger. Does anyone have a recipe? ... Lire plus
    6 Commentaires
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Sweet and Tart Red Pepper Jam - Last year I made a Sweet and Tart Red Pepper Jam from the Pickles to Relish cookbook (Alfeld aka JamLady). I followed her instructions caref... Lire plus
    2 Commentaires
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Horseradish Jelly - I plan on making horseradish jelly next week. The recipe calls for grated horseradish. I was thinking I would put it into the food processor... Lire plus
    3 Commentaires
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Warming Sugar Up in Marmalades - I have a recipe that calls for the sugar to be heated in the oven for 10 minutes before it is added to the heated citrus for a marmalade. Do... Lire plus
    5 Commentaires
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Question about using Pomona - I have a batch of blackberry jelly that did not set - I think the berries were too ripe. I would like to recook and use Pomona to set it. An... Lire plus
    15 Commentaires
iice9 a lancé une discussion
Electric Water Bath Canners - I just found out there is such a thing as an Electric Water Bath Canner. It costs $249 US. I was wondering if anyone has ever used one and w... Lire plus
    5 Commentaires