20 Discussions
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
Are these succulents healthy? - My father-in-law generously gave me a planter full of succulents from a local florist for my birthday. It's lovely, but succulents are admit... Lire plus
    1 Commentaire
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
Ficus lyrata air layer success, and a thank you - I post lots of questions on these forums, but rarely follow up, so I wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU to all of you who tirelessly respond... Lire plus
1 J'aime    1 Commentaire
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
Pruning newly transplanted air layer (ficus lyrata)? - I recently followed tapla's excellent advice for air layering a fiddle leaf fig, and I think it went well—roots developed very quickly and a... Lire plus
    Commenter
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
Quick Silver or ND Awakening? Help me choose a climber! - I'm getting ready to order a new climber from RU, and I'm just totally stuck between Quick Silver and Awakening. I read tons of rave reviews... Lire plus
    19 Commentaires
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
What's your favorite peach/apricot? - I'm looking for one more rose to fill out my side garden, which is mostly made up of peach, white and plum-colored flowers. I want to add a ... Lire plus
2 J'aime    23 Commentaires
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
Black spot struggles—will it come back in spring? - First off, let me say thank you to everyone who has commented on my posts—this past season was my first one growing roses, and I had a prett... Lire plus
    6 Commentaires
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
Transferring schefflera cuttings from water to soil - Hello all! I have a handful of schefflera cuttings that were placed in water to root. They have formed quite a few healthy-looking roots, an... Lire plus
1 J'aime    4 Commentaires
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
Starting seeds in early spring (hoop house/low tunnel on raised bed) - I'm an experienced vegetable gardener, but have never tried to do much in the winter (except some salad greens indoors) because of the Iowa ... Lire plus
    16 Commentaires
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
Want to encourage ficus lyrata to branch—now, or spring? - I've read many threads on this site about fiddle-leaf figs and how to get a spindly tree to branch. Mine currently has a nice lush bottom, f... Lire plus
    2 Commentaires
Kate M (zone 5b Des Moines) a lancé une discussion
Rescuing a dying rose? - I planted 5 roses from RU back in June, the last of which was Koko Loco. It was beautiful and healthy when I got it—even bloomed before I go... Lire plus
    4 Commentaires
Voir plus d'événements...