16 Discussions
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
Canning dried beans - precook time - i am following the NCHFP instructions for canning dried beans and getting overcooked beans. I suspect the issue is that my beans are relat... Lire plus
    Commenter
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
Anyone Sprung for an Electric Pressure Canner? - It's a really canner, along with several other claimed functions, like slow cooker and rice cooker, that can process 4 quarts. And the revie... Lire plus
    35 Commentaires
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
Yield on NCHFP spaghetti sauce - I'm studying this NCHFP recipe, and trying to figure out their yield number, just 9 pints for 30 lbs of tomatoes. Compare that to their stan... Lire plus
    4 Commentaires
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
substitute sausage for some ground beef in NCHFP chili recipe? - I need to can up some meat to make room in my freeze for a half lamb that's due in a couple weeks. I want to try the NCHFP chili recipe. My ... Lire plus
    1 Commentaire
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
Reasonable substitutes for raisins? - I love the green tomato/apple pie filling at NCHFP. We use it all winter over oatmeal. But DH doesn't care for cooked raisins in anything. ... Lire plus
    4 Commentaires
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
NCHFP Green Tomato/Apple Pie Filling - Has anyone made this? How was it? What did you use for the citron/lemon/orange peel? I'm giving it a go tomorrow, trying to decide whether ... Lire plus
    2 Commentaires
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
low-temp pasteurization at altitude - I have made two batches of pickles using the NCHFP directions for low-temperature pasteurization. My conscience is clear as to following the... Lire plus
    4 Commentaires
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
Peaches turn brown after opening - Last year I froze peaches with my vacuum sealer. I can't remember, but I expect I doused them with some lemon juice to keep them from browni... Lire plus
    7 Commentaires
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
drop burner height for large pots - We finished our "guesthouse" about 6 months ago, living in it full time. While we save for the "dream house" I have plen... Lire plus
    2 Commentaires
strayarrow a lancé une discussion
tomato sauce needs more herbs - How far can I push an increase to the dried herbs in an approved Ball recipe. The recipes in my books look to be less than a 1/2tsp per pint... Lire plus
    4 Commentaires
Voir plus d'événements...