39 Discussions
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
My rose garden this year - Hello rose friends, I hope everyone is doing well and that gardening gives you joy and peace in these challenging times for the whole planet... Lire plus
8 J'aime    22 Commentaires
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
First flush of roses in my garden (finally!) - The rough winter and chilly spring this year delayed all the growth and blooms in our area by at least a couple of weeks. I kept myself busy... Lire plus
26 J'aime    41 Commentaires
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
Is anything wrong with these canes? - Dear rose friends, I've just purchased these roses and when I got home I noticed discoloration on some canes. I wonder if everything is all ... Lire plus
    10 Commentaires
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
Removing invasive lesser celandine ('fig buttercup') - need advice - I've noticed this plant in clumps on many front lawns in my neighborhood. Last year there were a few clumps in our backyard lawn area and I ... Lire plus
    17 Commentaires
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
What mulch and soil amendments do you use? - Soon I will have to add mulch for winter protection. Besides compost, I've been using shredded pine bark because it eventually decomposes in... Lire plus
2 J'aime    25 Commentaires
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
OT: For apple-lovers! Antique/heritage apples from our trip yesterday - Yesterday I went apple-picking at my favorite orchard in upstate New York. They have over 300 heirloom/antique apple varieties, which are, a... Lire plus
13 J'aime    25 Commentaires
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
Oh, no! More problems... Is this rose midge? - I was away for a couple of weeks only to find all of my reblooming roses without any blooms and with some strange black sepals (?) and defor... Lire plus
    15 Commentaires
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
Reverence for Roses, Palatine - Hurrah for mail-order rose nurseries! - I've just got my first order from A Reverence for Roses, an 'Excelsa' rambler that I've been trying to find for a long time. It used to be o... Lire plus
15 J'aime    42 Commentaires
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
Cross post: Japanese beetles - best prevention/treatment? - Cross-posting the old thread that another forum member serendipitously revived earlier today. At that time we didn't have an option to simul... Lire plus
    9 Commentaires
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) a lancé une discussion
Is this Charles de Mills? - I planted this rose last year and there are a few indications that make me wonder if it is Charles de Mills as I thought it was. I read that... Lire plus
1 J'aime    6 Commentaires
Voir plus d'événements...