Houzz Logo Print
madxl

Bathroom window covering.

Carol
il y a 9 ans
Need Ideas on a bathroom window cover to suit colours in bathroom:)

Commentaires (17)

• karemore55
    il y a 9 ans
    Hello! It looks like this window is in your shower stall? And, it is frosted so I assume there are no privacy issues. I would leave it as is.
  • Carol
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Yes no issues with privacy just want to put a nice cover up looks bare:/ but thank u:)
  • karemore55
    il y a 9 ans
    Carol, Without seeing all the colors in your space, I wonder if just painting the window trim would create some interest, so that you don't find it so bare.

Maybe an ash gray? Or a shade of brown that is a bit darker than the tile color?

If I was going to cover that window at all, I would probably go with a fabric roman shade in a soft brown and white pattern that matches the tile. This is assuming that the shade wouldn't constantly be getting wet.
  • PRO
    Lauren Jacobsen Interior Design
    il y a 9 ans
    I would use something that is moisture resistant. Sunbrella fabric has all kinds of nice prints, stripes and solids. Do a simple flat roman shade.
  • katearoni
    il y a 9 ans
    Plantation shutters.
  • Carol
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Sorry I just realised I hadn't put enough pics up..Here's the rest of the bathroom that'll I'll be redecorating but keeping the colour. Love the idea of the Roman Shade:)
  • PRO
    Valley Blinds & Draperies
    il y a 9 ans
    I agree with the shutters. You could use the Hunter Douglas Palm Beach shutters.
  • himilady54
    il y a 9 ans
    I'd paint the window itself white as well as the moulding and install a moisture resistant white blind or shutter. Easy to Clean and still able to control light and privacy.
  • karemore55
    il y a 9 ans
    Good morning, Carol, Thanks for posting more pics - that really helps. I thought those taps were part of the shower stall at first, but of course they're not.

Looking at all the hard surfaces in here - which is so typical of a bathroom - I do think the Roman shades will create a bit of softness.

I love how you have tiled most of the walls - it's a very nice look!
  • PRO
    Two Blind Guys
    il y a 9 ans
    Valley Blinds- Great suggestions. We have installed many Hunter Douglas Palm Beach Shutters in shower spaces like this over the years. Perfect product for high moisture exposure.
  • Neetie
    il y a 9 ans
    Agree horrible window needs treatment sorry! I am liking the wooden shutter or blind option. My girlfriend had this exact problem and installed wooden venetians suitable for wet area. Not sure who supplier is but I notice you may have suggestions already.
    If you have cash to splash replace the window with a nicer one...
    Just giving my two cents worth! Good luck.
  • Barbara Dunstan
    il y a 9 ans
    Glass bricks could look real good if you have the budget to replace this window all together.
    It's kind of doing nothing in the room but the bricks would make it more elegant.
    Planning to use them in quite a few places in the home I'm building, private, still allows light and modern looking but if you aren't replacing then the shutters sound like a good alternative.
  • Barbara Dunstan
    il y a 9 ans
    @Lee Rohrbough, the picture you posted is one fantastic stylish bathroom, absolutely love the whole design but especially the tiles.
    I have already chosen travatine tiles for my new bathroom so can't change that but I have a hint of a tile colour called Emperador as a feature in the shower and although your tiles aren't Emperador, it sure looks allot like the colour.
    Is this your bathroom or one you have designed???
    Simply outstanding!!!
  • Sarah Beutel
    il y a 9 ans
    Try a screen blind. Lets the light in but gives you privacy. No need to open it up unless you're opening the window. They're very easy to clean with a wipe down with any general cleaning product. White or off white would brighten up the room and freshen up the mission brown windows ( I have them too). If moneys not important, a shutter would add a lot of class
  • Jennie Neill
    il y a 9 ans
    I'd say white shutters would look great.
  • karemore55
    il y a 9 ans
    Old post.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».