Houzz Logo Print
debbielawson

How long have you had this kitchen? Any issues with the marble?

Debbie Lawson
il y a 9 ans
I want to know if the family cooks daily and if they've had any problems with the marble staining or etching? I assume they sealed it. I really love marble and so many people are encouraging me not to. I'm wondering if that's because years ago without the sealants, marble had more problems. Thanks.
White Carrara Marble Kitchen · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (4)

• PRO
    Select Stone
    il y a 9 ans
    Hi Debbie,
    We were the fabricator and installer of this kitchen, and not the homeowner but so far since we installed it at the beginning of the year the client has been very happy about it.
    if you like marble and want it done in the kitchen you will have to talk to your fabricator about possible downsides of the surface and they need to be straight up with you on it.
    Once you have it installed the best thing to do is to prevent possible damaging like scratching, staining and etching, and if it happens it can be reversible in the future by having a professional restore the surface.
    I do think that all this is part of the nature of the stone and think that it all goes with it. Marble will be beautiful no matter what happens to it in the everyday use!

Any Questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Select Stone Inc.
  • Debbie Lawson
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Is this white carrara marble? Do you know of any difference in the wear of carrara vs. Calacutta? I know that carrara tends to have more gray and calacutta seems to have more white background with gray and gold running through it. I like that it can be restored if need be. I don't mind taking care of it along the way. Do you have an opinion on how marble is in a bathroom--counter, walls, floor and shower walls? There shouldn't be the same problem with acids that can be in a kitchen. Are soaps or shampoos a problem?

How about limestone?

Thanks so much for your time.
  • pmr1955
    il y a 9 ans
    I have 2 bathrooms with polished marble. it is beautiful! It was in the home when I purchased it. However, my girls have spilled different face cleaners on it which have etched it making it look very splotchy. I would most definitely either consider a honed finish, which will still etch, but it will be more forgiving and can be restored, or make certain to ask anyone using the bath to be cautious.
  • PRO
    MarbleSeal Technologies
    il y a 8 ans

You might take a look at Clearstone pmr1955. Your young ladies will not be able to spill anything on it which will cause problems. 10 year warranty also.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».