Houzz Logo Print
sciment

I need help designing and decorating a bedroom for my 17 year old daug

sciment
il y a 9 ans
My daughter's room is 13' by 10'. It faces the back of our Brooklyn brownstone and has three windows, forming a bay. She would like a black wall which I can't go along with. At this point the room is freshly painted in silver gray with white woodworking but looks old fashioned. Can you give us some decorating and design ideas to give it a modern feel? We can't agree on anything :))

Commentaires (7)

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    il y a 9 ans
    Having a black wall is very chic these days. I'd let her have one black wall. Maybe it can be a wall that is not seen from the doorway so that you don't see it every time you walk by. Or perhaps it could be the bay window, since there's probably not a lot of wall there. She's not going to be living with you all that much longer, so consider letting her have the color she wants. It's her room, after all.

Another solution would be one wall with broad stripes of black.

Stylish Apartment Living · Plus d'infos

Contemporary Bedroom · Plus d'infos
    sciment a remercié Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • Carolina
    il y a 9 ans
    Nothing wrong with black walls. Can be really gorgeous.
    Traditional Bedroom · Plus d'infos

Stylish Apartment Living · Plus d'infos

My Houzz: Feminine Chic Charms in a Chicago Rental · Plus d'infos

Tamara Magel Home, Holiday House Hamptons 2014 · Plus d'infos
  • User
    il y a 9 ans
    I would do the headboard wall black and then the headboard and some art will be what the eye sees;)
    Contemporary Bedroom · Plus d'infos
  • apple_pie_order
    il y a 9 ans
    Give her a budget for bedding, and let her have a black wall. it's only paint. In a year she will be an 18 year old adult, perhaps off to college.
  • sciment
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Thank you for your comments. My daughter will be delighted!!
  • PRO
    TheFurnitureCollection
    il y a 9 ans
    Love to see what you did!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».