Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Do you use drones for photography?

Emily H
il y a 9 ans
Now that drones are widely available, they are seeing more use for residential photography. Have you used one yet for anything from a site survey to real estate photography to checking your gutters?

Share your experience! (photos encouraged)

British Virgin Islands · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (14)

• cender
    il y a 9 ans
    Yes. Our home is For Sale in the higher end market. Realtors seem to be using drones for this market, especially if the home includes a larger lot. Our home has a very large, extensively landscaped lot, with pool, free standing guesthouse and a lake. I thought it was unnecessary, initially.......until I saw the photos. Hmmmm...glad they did it.
  • PRO
    SM Caissie Construction Ltd
    il y a 9 ans
    wow, had no idea drones were used for residential photography.
    Definitely see the advantages but also the disadvantages if not used responsibly
  • PRO
    Cleveland Designs
    il y a 9 ans
    NO, NO NO,............drones are far to dangerous, I feel confident that in a few years they will be banned in most states and to use one you will need a special one time permit. I think Amazon is a great company but to think they can deliver packages is a bit crazy. Google Map can still get a pretty good picture for Residential land purchases. I would never use one, A guy hit a power line/ transformer with one and sent a few hundred people in the dark and heat here in my city 2 months ago, he is being sued by at least 60 people at last count.
  • rach71
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans
    I'm not afraid of technology and I believe that all new technologies go through teething issues. The problem with drones is actually not a new one - people have been flying radio controlled aircraft for a long time now and they have been affordable for a long time and have been having issues for a long time. But up until now, only people with an interest in flying have used them, whereas now people with an interest in photography or real estate or spying are operating them and often they don't understand aviation. It's like boating - in many places you can drive, sail or paddle a boat without a licence but that doesn't mean you are exempt from following the rules of the sea and local harbour bylaws. Similarly, anyone can fly a radio controlled aircraft, but they still have to follow the civil aviation rules. Radio Controlled aircraft clubs generally discourage flying above busy roads and built-up areas or above fields with livestock. Perhaps some of these drone operators are ignorant of existing aviation rules and don't have the guidance of clubs.
  • sharongrondin
    il y a 9 ans
    Not to mention the invasion of privacy - I don't want a Realtors drone with a camera flying over my neighbourhood taking pictures of my yard.
  • hayleydaniels
    il y a 9 ans
    Don't forget that police departments can use them to spy on people. The Seattle police department just outlawed them if memory serves.

And let's not overlook that drones are used overseas to take out whole wedding parties in Afghanistan just to get one bad guy.
  • djpkdsems
    il y a 9 ans
    Kind of funny that drones are associated with spying in many peoples minds, but yet we wave hello at all the folks in hot air balloons that float right over the house. :-)
  • pickyvicky
    il y a 9 ans
    Yes, but now they want to use them to deliver packages?
  • PRO
    Lankford Associates Landscape Architects
    il y a 9 ans
    We use drones to photograph our gardens and would like to be able to post the images on Houzz. Not sure how to do this yet. We find a lot of paranoia around drone use. We fly only 10 to 20 feet from ground and only on private property where we are invited. We are exceptionally mindful of peoples perception of drones attached to military action. That said, our clients are eager to have us photograph their gardens and home from this unique perspective. It is a great tool that I expect to be more mainstream in the future.
  • sharongrondin
    il y a 9 ans
    pickyvicky Yes, but they do not have cameras attached to the delivery drones
  • PRO
    Brian McCloud Photography
    il y a 9 ans
    I am a Realtor and real estate photographer in Sonoma County CA Many of the rural properties we shoot and represent need some aerial to show the size and layout of the properties. I am just getting started with drones and think they will be a big asset
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Zoon Real Estate Media
    il y a 7 ans

HI! We are a full service media company that offers drone photography. Great discussion! We love using drones to capture properties for our clients, especially since in Alberta Canada there are so many beautiful rural properties. Here is one example

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».