Houzz Logo Print
jordanshea518

White walls, white ceiling, white trim. Help needed ASAP!

jordanshea518
il y a 9 ans
We moved in to our new house over a month ago and I swore I would paint within the first week. I absolutely hate the wall color currently and it is driving me nuts! I am a fan of crisp white walls and more of the young modern look.
(Picture this)
http://southernweddings.com/2014/05/23/southern-newlywed-home-caroline-joy/

We are getting a quote this week to paint the walls, but I don't know if we need to ask them for ceiling, trim work, chair/rail, etc. Does it need to be the same color as the walls? Or are they brighter usually? I am looking at BM white dove especially, but am open to other whites.

I know the kitchen will look absolutely terrible in the space once we paint everything white, but that is our next project.

Commentaires (6)

• PRO
    Mommys Time Space and Being
    il y a 9 ans
    generally, the wall color is just a hair darker than the trim and molding in order to make the trim "pop". just a suggestion: you could ask the paint store to add a touch of gray (little or a lot according to your preference and level of desired contrast) to the BM white dove; use that mixture as your custom wall color and paint the trim the actual white dove color.
    jordanshea518 a remercié Mommys Time Space and Being
  • User
    il y a 9 ans
    Your inspiration photo has just a little contrast between the woodwork and the walls. EDIDS has the right idea. If you don't want to chance a custom formula you can probably find a BM white that will provide just the right amount of contrast to your white dove trim.

I would do the ceiling the same color as the walls.
    jordanshea518 a remercié User
  • jordanshea518
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    All this is great help! I will talk to the paint co. and see if we can come up with a custom paint color. I like the idea of just doing one shade up from the trim.

We already know our kitchen is probably going to have dark wood (basically black) wood with white or light grey subway tile backsplash. I am not sure what kind of countertops just yet, but obviously they will be along that color scheme- possibly white or grey marble/silestone.

We do not want to put too much money into the house, as it is just a starter home. But it is in a very nice area and we want to fix it up a bit to get more out of it than we bought it for. Plus right now it is just not working for me ha! So we need to figure out how to do all these things without completely tearing down the kitchen.
  • Jill Thaxton
    il y a 7 ans

I would love to see your final project! Can you upload a picture?

• John M
    il y a 7 ans

Hey jordanshea518, looks beautiful! My recommendation is always a fresh exotic plant. It's a great way to fill dead space or corners. I have an avocado tree that really adds some life to my living room. Lighting can be a bit tricky so I went with an LED grow light. I prefer the 40W Aspect just because it blends with my plants and furniture. Good luck!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».