Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

POLL: Do you sleep with the blinds open or closed?

Tom Flanagan
il y a 9 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 9 ans
This might sound silly, but I love sleeping with my blinds drawn back, which many would argue defeats the purpose of having blinds in the first place - I just love going to sleep and seeing the night sky, and waking up with the sun coming through (if the weather is being generous to us). It's become a routine for me and I'd never think unless prompted to close the blinds.

But what about you, do you like the decorative aspect of blinds and prefer to leave them drawn back, or do you prefer the dark and sleep with them down? Let us know in the comments below!
Blinds Open
Blinds Down

Commentaires (19)

• Luciana
    il y a 9 ans
    One of the reasons I love my shutters is that, even closed, they give enough light so it's never completely dark in the morning - that would make me sleep all day!

finished house · Plus d'infos
  • sunnie2day
    il y a 9 ans
    Down and snapped tightly shut! Same with all window coverings in the house - if I lie down for a nap or the night, those window treatments must be closed or I'd never fall asleep. It well and truly gives me shudders to think of someone having a look-in at me sleeping!
  • paulineelawson
    il y a 9 ans
    I prefer my room dark when I sleep. However, the current curtains I have don't have a black out and therefore so much light floods in, both at night from the street light and the sun in the morning. It's kinda pretty the way the room lights up. So I've decided to leave it as it is.
  • soozmacrae
    il y a 9 ans
    Its nice to be woken by the light, although, autumn is on its way and it wont be long before the dark mornings return.
  • Barry Higgs
    il y a 9 ans
    Definitely open. I am presently in Fort Myers, Florida and love the light streaming in as the sun gently warms the sky and clears the light clouds. As this doesn't happen until 07.30 it is a very pleasant way to wake up
  • shelleyuk
    il y a 9 ans
    Always blinds open and windows open unless its winter and we're trying to keep the heat in. But we live in the woods and there is no light outside. If we had street lighting the blinds would definitely be closed.
  • theqouted
    il y a 9 ans
    I only keep them open on the hottest day of the year, any other day shut. I fear waking up and someone peeking through my window as I sleep!!
  • lindalovie55
    il y a 8 ans

me too but then i live on the tenth floor..no I jest....closed in winter open in summer

• Jane Bateman
    il y a 8 ans
    Most of you obviously don't work shifts!
    So important and difficult to get it dark enough on a bright day.
  • k11agl
    il y a 8 ans
    Absolutely closed for me. Worse so, it's gotta be blackouts. I have three layers of window dressing in my bedroom: a Duette to keep the warm, a blackout roller, and a pair of light curtains. This combination allows me to have any amount of light I want in my bedroom at any time, almost!
  • Judi
    il y a 8 ans

unless I can live where people can't see into my room (Ok I do have a pretty voile but I have very nosey neighbours - and noisy - so the blind comes down, the voile is there and then there is a double thickness with blackout and heat/cool lining curtains! Possibly over the top - or not... I get migraines which means total darkness and silence for at least 10 hours - impossible to do with just the blinds or voile!

• gravel41
    il y a 8 ans
    Open for two reasons: 1)any sunlight in the morning makes it easier to get up and 2)you can see the stars from bed. I sleep in the attic conversion so I'm obvs not worried about peeking people although I wonder sometimes about the likes of GoogleEarth and occupants of the InternationalSpaceStation...
  • bombel1972
    il y a 8 ans

i also love complete darkness when sleeping. however..... it wouldn't bother me to have them open during winter months, when the sun peeks out at 8am, cos i really don't want to wake up at 4.30, during summer time.

• Jan Johnson
    il y a 8 ans

I like pitch black, full moon is always a problem, light comes in along the edges of the blinds,

• PRO
    paulo blinds
    il y a 8 ans

go transparent

• PRO
    AG Interiors
    il y a 8 ans

open - I hate the dark !!!

• PRO
    NICOLA HULBERT INTERIOR DESIGN LIMITED
    il y a 8 ans

I would always close the blinds but I prefer them not to be blackout lined a I like a bit of light filtering through at dawn.

• PRO
    Paterson Architects
    il y a 8 ans

Blackout blinds for us

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».