Houzz Logo Print
stinasaurus

Light Gray couch... but I want gray walls

Christina Nguyen
il y a 9 ans
I have a light gray couch, but want gray walls... what shade should I go with? Up for any other gray color suggestions or any other color.

Commentaires (12)

• Christina Nguyen
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Hi Patricia,

I haven't moved in yet (close escrow next week) so I haven't had the chance to try out the paint colors on the wall & space. The color of the sofa is under all the paint swatches. the area behind the couch is pretty much 3 large windows, this is just the model home, but the couch would be sitting the same way (mine is a sectional too). I didn't think I wanted the back window wall as an "accent" wall but maybe that would be a good idea and the rest of the walls lighter.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    il y a 9 ans
    The sofa is pretty dark so I would go with the bottom left bottom colorand then you could have some real fun with accessories to bring in color.
  • Jolene
    il y a 9 ans
    On my screen the bottom two have green tint and the top two have blue tint. That being said i think once you get in and see what lighting does to those colors and what accessories you want it is hard to choose. I would go lighter than the couch.
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    il y a 9 ans
    Grey tones are all great. However it is important to add some color to the space either via cushions and or art on the wall.

J Design Group, Miami Interior Designer - South Beach - Coral Gables - Sunny Isles - South Miami - Miami - Pinecrest - Williams Island - Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Ocean Front Contemporary Decorators - http://www.JDesignGroup.com
  • interiordesignme
    il y a 9 ans
    heres an example of a "gray" room - looks okay cuz it has those great teal accents, balancing it out
    Coastal Contemporary - Steveston Home · Plus d'infos
    Steveston · Plus d'infos

or.. get a teal accent wall ?
    My Houzz: San Francisco · Plus d'infos
  • PRO
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 9 ans
    Go two shades darker than sofa. Use white accessories, mixed with silver.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    il y a 9 ans
    I like the one on bottom right.
  • janicema8
    il y a 9 ans
    I have a grey leather sofa(more graphite color) and my walls are Benjamin moore misty grey and accents of ice cube silver....
  • PRO
    The R Streets
    il y a 9 ans
    I would agree with Nancy. If it is a lighter color couch go with a darker wall. I like to go with half the wall color for the ceiling unless you want to be bold and glaze the ceiling or use a metallic.
  • Natalie
    il y a 9 ans
    Hi---I suggest a wall color 2 shades darker than the color of your sofa. Make sure to bring in color through accessories. Fresh flowers add the perfect touch to gray rooms... Good Luck![houzz=
    Queen West Condo · Plus d'infos
    ][houzz=
    Prairie Trail Home - Ankeny, IA · Plus d'infos
    ][houzz=
    Elysian Residence · Plus d'infos
    ]
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».