Houzz Logo Print
blorid

Need help finding window treatments!!

blorid
il y a 9 ans
I cannot decide what window treatment would be both practical and esthetically pleasing for my breakfast nook and sitting area. We have a water view and so far, only cows for neighbours, so privacy is a secondary consideration. It is a southern exposure so blocking sun and uv rays is a priority although I would like to preserve the light and airy feeling. I have had roman blinds in the nook but then it is dark to pull them in the day although I did like the colour punch and softness fabric lends. Thought I would go with plantation shutters but then it is a lot of wood and they would have to be closed in the light of day, Looking at sunscreen shades but concerned they would look too contemporary. Could soften them with side panels in the sitting area and faux romans in the nook but what colours would you suggest? The current wall colour is smoke by BM, a soft grey blue colour, but I do like changing wall colours! Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!

Commentaires (3)

• PRO
    Summer Classics Columbus
    il y a 9 ans
    Remove smoke paint color from walls in breakfast nook to heighten space and bring the color (smoke) to the table decor/seat cushions etc. in order to bring the color in the breakfast nook. Great view really does not need to be distracted with window treatments. I would tint the windows for sun protection, varying levels of shading available. Also add crown molding at ceiling to finish it off. The chandelier needs to be lower as well. Hope this helps. Smaller area, needs to be simple but a nice statement made.
  • blorid
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Not sure you can tell from the picture but the ceiling is vaulted. Chandelier is on the way out but will definitely lower the new one! Will be replacing the kitchen table with a smaller, dark round one in the near future, as well!
  • PRO
    Summer Classics Columbus
    il y a 9 ans
    It is a great space, love the idea of a dark table. Still add crown detailing where ceiling line meets the wall and paint out the smoke color all should be trim color. It will make a it a cohesive space and expand the airy feeling. Upholstery with the smoke color for dining chairs would be great as well.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».