Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_marineau

Ceilings and steps

Kathleen Marineau
il y a 9 ans
I remember the sunken living room phase and think you did an excellent job of updating.
Did you add the brick to the steps? How are they secured to the flooring so they will have give to withstand the minor quakes?
Were the ceiling beams added or opened up to reveal existing beams?
Midcentury Family Room · Plus d'infos

Commentaire (1)

• PRO
    Natasha Jansz Design
    il y a 9 ans
    Thanks, Kathleen! These bricks were part of original addition, they are secured to framing and wood floor must have gone in after. Looks like it got through the Northridge earthquake without problems, whereas we could see the damage elsewhere on our property. I recently posted about the renovation of this room in my blog, NatashaJansz.com, More info on the design details can be found there, along with before and after pictures. Hope you enjoy!
    Kathleen Marineau a remercié Natasha Jansz Design
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».