Houzz Logo Print
dancingqueengw

Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????

dancingqueengw
il y a 9 ans

We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. They are crank out windows. Two are one pane and one is a 3 pane window with two crank outs on either side of a fixed window. This part of the house faces north and we live in MN. Home is 27 years old and the seal is shot on these windows. We just saw a Fiberglass window with a stainable wood inside from Hardie. Had been thinking of Pella. Have used Anderson for some replacements and not happy with them. Every couple of years the cranks will no longer crank the window completely shut.

Does anyone know much about these new Hardie windows? We have a Pro Via front door in Fiberglass that we absolutely love. Thanks for any info.

Commentaires (5)

• bpchiil
    il y a 9 ans

The Hardie product is the new Beechworth Window. It was discussed back in Oct 2014 and was not favorably looked upon as this is a new venture for Hardie and does not yet have a track record.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2644676/any-thoughts-on-the-new-beechworth-windows

• PRO
    Ultra Windows
    il y a 9 ans

I agree with bp, stick with tried and true windows and let others work out the bugs in a new window line from Hardie.

• dancingqueengw
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans

Thank you so much for the response!

• PRO
    A.B. Edward Enterprises, Inc.
    il y a 9 ans

Regarding Beechworth Windows we would like to interject by saying these windows have gone under rigorous quality testing along with Hardie proven research and development. This year we have become a Beechworth Select Contractor in the North Shore, IL area and our clients are loving this product.

We have performed work for over 3000+ homeowners and when taking on this line, we knew we would have affordable and "durable" windows for the crazy weather we all get around here.

Here are a few short but detailed videos on their "strength and weather testing" if you are looking for a more detailed explanation >> View Videos

You can also visit our website at www.abedward.com.

• PRO
    Ultra Windows
    il y a 9 ans

I understand that the windows have undergone "rigorous quality testing", but over the years I've seen other products that after undergoing "rigorous quality testing" had little issues that popped up only in real life applications that had to be corrected. The two that come to mind immediately were both fiberglass as well.

Sponsorisé

Rechargez la page pour ne plus voir cette annonce spécifique

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».