Houzz Logo Print
sums4you

Advice on drapes please !

sums4you
il y a 9 ans
What kind of drapes? What color? Should I match the drapes with the couch? Plain or pattern drapes? I was thinking pinch pleated but I'm open to all your suggestions. I might be painting the room a little darker eventually but for now it's staying that color.

Commentaires (5)

• Carol Singletary
    il y a 9 ans
    Hmmm. Maybe like the ones attached here? Hard to say what colors you have on my iPad. Is it grey and beige, or is the couch more blue?

I assume you are still working on the room? Hanging the picture, adding lamps and such? On my screen the drapes you have seem to work with the room. What don't you like about them?

And while I love the rug, and it's colors, it feels a tad bit skimpy for the space?
  • meglindsey83
    il y a 9 ans

It looks like your wall color is a beige/tan on my screen. If that is the case, I would go for some heavy (not sheer), rich, slightly textured crisp white drapes. I'd move your curtain rod up almost to the ceiling for a more dramatic effect and let the drapes pile just slightly on the dark floor. You might want also want to consider a chrome rod (if that works with the other metals in the room. It's hard to tell from the pictures).

• PRO
    Dress Your Windows LLC
    il y a 9 ans

Hang the rod at least 4" above your window, I like patterns in drapery with several colors see what is available if you are buying from a store that ties in the room. Custom would not be a problem finding a great fabric. Remember if you love the fabric you will not change your window covering for years. Don't settle for something just because that's all you can for or afford save up and get what you really want. Draperies are the jewelry in the room.

• sums4you
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    I'm getting a larger rug but exactly the same as the one already there. I'm not done decorating the room. I'm pretty sure I am replacing the chandelier but though I would try this one out. I'm open for all your great suggestions!!! Thank you so much.
  • PRO
    Dress Your Windows LLC
    il y a 9 ans

Rug could be bigger, and use a glass table for a coffee table, light with glizz would look nice

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».