Houzz Logo Print
hmcisaac1

Backsplash help

hmcisaac1
il y a 9 ans
What type/ colour of backsplash should I use for kitchen. Thanks for any suggestions.

Commentaires (6)

• PRO
    SimpleDecoratingTips.com
    il y a 9 ans

You do seem to have a nod toward contemporary with your cabinet hardware, so the glass subway tile seems that it would fit with that style. A couple of things to consider with selecting the backsplash are the age of the home and overall style and color throughout the house. The backsplash is probably going to be there for a long time, especially if you're tiling and so it'd be good to coordinate it with the rest of the space as well as the age of the home. And be wary of color selection, I've helped clients rip out forest green, mauve and dusty blue tiles that seemed perfect when they were installed... in the 80's!

hmcisaac1 a remercié SimpleDecoratingTips.com
  • Amy
    il y a 9 ans

these colors might look nice!

hmcisaac1 a remercié Amy
  • PRO
    Design Works
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans

I love how the kitchen island is a darker than the other cabinetry! - Very "in".

My suggestion for your back-splash would be to go with a subway tile in a staggered pattern. Color wise, maybe a warm bisque or a very light tan. The idea is to match a light neutral shade found in your stone counter top.

Then I would suggest adding a "special" tile 3/4 of the way up between your upper cabinets and counter top. This is a good height and your counter top appliances won't hide all of it. I like it best when the height of the "special" tile is equal to the height of the subway tile.

For your "special" tile - most likely a brick mosaic, or a linear liner- I'd like to bring in some accent metal pieces that will pull from your appliances and hardware. I'd also like to bring in some dark pieces that will pull from the dark in your countertop and island. When selecting your "special" tile, I feel it is important to have a lighter tone in the blend that relates back to your warm light neutral subway tile or countertop - tying everything together.

hmcisaac1 a remercié Design Works
  • Janie Burton
    il y a 9 ans
    I think an ivory subway (porcelain or glass) with dark grout would add some style and interest while reflecting your wall, cabinet and countertop color pallet. Another idea - add a little more drama with ditching the classic horizontal layout and have the tiles layed in a herringbone pattern with dark or matching ivory grout.
    hmcisaac1 a remercié Janie Burton
  • acm
    il y a 9 ans

I like a little contrast with the cabinets, so I'd prefer a light brown to a cream here. I recently used a brown glass subway tile from Lowes that turned out great, and it comes in a lighter shade too.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_373008-87523-CHIGLASF4805_0_?productId=4740910&Ntt=barrel+tile&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dbarrel%2Btile&facetInfo=

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=372417-87523-CHIGLASF4804&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=4740908&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».