Houzz Logo Print
hamish_austin

Natural ventilation in skillion roof!

Hamish Austin
il y a 9 ans
Hey all, I need help deciding how to create a natural cross flow ventilation in a storage shed set in a coastal environment, I am planning on having the skillion sloping down towards the back of the shed, I need to keep a constant temperature within the shed, and was thinking a gap between my foundation walls made from concrete blocks and the zincalume roof at the top and bottom parts of the slope, the only problem is that I need it to be fairly weather proof seeing as it's right near a beach and that harsh coastal environment...any suggestions...il attach a rough drawing to clear some things up, hope it makes sense! Thanks!

The image attached is a very quick, rough drawing of the basic concept, I am wanting to capture the on shore coastal breeze through the structure naturally, is this possible with still keeping the building weather sealed ?

Commentaires (5)

• Neryl Hollingsworth
    il y a 9 ans
    So the beach (and beach breezes) is to the right of the building is that correct? Maybe dont rule out ventilation that is lower down than ceiling height - like louver windows allow
    My Houzz: 1940s Brisbane Home Gets a Soulful Lift · Plus d'infos
  • Hamish Austin
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    The front of the roof, so the top part of the sloped roof is directly facing the beach, hence I thought it would be useful to catch it front on.
  • PRO
    Solarventi
    il y a 8 ans

Hi Hamish, which section is N and which is S, if you are talking even temps, what you should be considering is venting on the N or in this case highest point, but drawing in form the S -coolest. How does this fit with your layout.

• fianou
    il y a 8 ans

my understanding of how a skillion roof works is that it will actually move air the other way and vent on the high side. So you can build level walls and put a row of louvres above the wall on the high side for ventilation. You will need windows or vents on the low side too to bring the air in.

• PRO
    Envirotecture
    il y a 8 ans

Hamish. Is your goal natural ventilation or a stable temperature? The solutions could be wildly different. Also, where are you; FNQ or southern NSW or somewhere in between?

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».