tullymars57

Need suggestions for curb appeal

tullymars57
il y a 9 ans

Commentaires (17)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    il y a 9 ans

higher a landscaper architect... it will be worth every penny. i might paint the whole house a bit darker, and if not maybe black shutters.

• PRO
    Lights and Home
    il y a 9 ans

Definitely black shutters. Some sort of shrubs would look great under those two front windows on the right, and widen the flower bed down the side of the drive a bit.

• tfitz1006
    il y a 9 ans

Can u take a few more pics? Can we get a better look at the front door? Obviously landscaping is going to be key. Gotta hide your utilities as a start. The chimney is pretty but I'd be looking to paint a color close to one in your stones so it doesn't stand out so much. Pretty house and you can easily improve with paint and plantings.

• tullymars57
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans

Thank you. I will add some more photos shortly.

Front door is black.

My first instinct was to make the shutters black. Second was to come up with a clever way to hide the utility meters; sure would have been nice if they'd moved them around the side of the house!

Siding is vinyl and fairly new so it'll probably stay as-is for a while.

Lawn and landscaping are definite musts....

I appreciate the comments so far.

• Kelley Dockrey
    il y a 9 ans
    Landscaping is key. The biggest eye sore is your utility meter and other system boxes at the entrance to your home. incorporate a shrub to hide it when you do your landscaping plan.

you can paint your house any color that you like as long as it is not darker than your roof. this will freshen it up.

you might also paint your trim and windows to give it a little more character. however, I like houses that are painted one color. if you go with one color for the exterior, I would paint the shutters a different color.
  • Kelley Dockrey
    il y a 9 ans
    what color is your roof? it reads to have a greenish hue on my screen. if you opt for a different color than white, you will need to take the color of the roof into consideration.
  • miacometlady
    il y a 9 ans
    I would love to see an accent decorative dry wall using the chimney stone somewhere in the garden. Since you siding is new I'd like to see shutters black, not a huge effort!
  • tullymars57
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Full frontal. Different angle.
  • tullymars57
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Some other front of house shots.
  • tullymars57
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Great suggestions, flair. Thank you.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    il y a 9 ans

then I would add a potted plant on either side if there is enough clearance for the door. My guess is there is a door inside the garage, and you rarely use the front door?

• tullymars57
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    We just bought this house but you are spot on, flair. Door from garage to house and that will be the most used method I am guessing.
  • mzloolue
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans

The house is super cute.

We have an electric meter in an unfortunate place.

Kind of like having a big ole zit on the end of my nose.

We have struggled for years trying to figure out what to do.

Last year I found some rounded trellises at Lowes.

They are made so that each section is like one fourth of a circle.

I bought two so I have like a half circle.

The first thing we did was to paint the black trellis the same pale gray as the body of the house.

DH connected the sections together with big zip ties.

We drove some metal rods we found at Lowes into the ground and slid the legs of the trellis over the rods.

The hideous meters are still there, but it looks a lot better.

And when the vine grows a bit I am hoping it will look almost nice. :)

For shutters what about traditional shutter green?

And then a medium gray for the front door to pick up the roof color?

tullymars57 a remercié mzloolue
  • tullymars57
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 9 ans
    Before and after removing an unused utility box.

Think I will spray paint all the remaining boxes white and pretend that they were always painted.

We are looking into the great ideas you have come up with to screen this area, too.
  • mzloolue
    il y a 9 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 9 ans

I painted mine.

It helped. Some.

This is the trellis. I used two of them and painted them gray to blend with the house.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_185736-52885-89489L_0_?productId=3713922&Ntt=garden+trellises&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dgarden%2Btrellises&facetInfo=#BVRRWidgetID

• libradesigneye
    il y a 9 ans

Thanks for the upclose photos - that helped a lot. Your siding is nice and canvas white - great because the stone on your fireplace is so warm in tone and really gorgeous - If you would employ paint for all the trim and even / especially the white vinyl windows . . .the house would look a lot better - the white white on the trim and fascia and windows is messing up how the eye sees your home. A warm dark tone there would help tie it all together . . (even if you don't want to paint the windows - painting trim would do a lot for you here - http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/cromwellgray

then, when you do paint shutters and door - use a warm black -

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».