Houzz Logo Print
houzzau

Houzzers share their home hacks!

HouzzAU
il y a 9 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 9 ans

There are some handy hints that just make life around the house a little easier...

Take cutting onions, for example. People have reported that placing them in the fridge prior to use stops the tears when it comes time to chopping them up. Others say placing a spoon in your mouth while cutting onions is sure to banish the eye-watering.

Vinegar soaked newspaper is also a great (and inexpensive) way to clean windows!

Tell us your home hacks below!

Housekeeping: Ways to Clean With Vinegar · Plus d'infos

Commentaires (6)

• Dottie Fox
    il y a 9 ans
    My mum uses swimming goggles when she cuts onions - she looks nuts but she doesn't cry!
  • PRO
    Solarventi
    il y a 8 ans

pour bi-carb in your shower or sink drain, then add vinegar to clean fats.

• User
    il y a 8 ans

Hanging bells on the doors and gate is good if you have young kids.

• tarotlova
    il y a 8 ans
    This is weird but works, at my last job working for a plumber I was complaining about how there was always tiny little black ants coming and going into my drains (I live in Perth) in the sink and the ones on the floor and he told me that the drains dry out so the ants are looking for water and to put a bit of olive oil down the drain so I did and it works!
  • PRO
    Solarventi
    il y a 8 ans

Dab some olive oil on your hinges-stop door squeezing. A drop of love oil on a cloth -to coat/hide scratches and polish up your timber furniture, dab olive oil into elbows and knees -rub in well, to help with dry skin and lubricate the joints- no joking.......

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».