Houzz Logo Print
marinalabib

Is a padded headboard durable?

marinalabib
il y a 9 ans
I really like these bed designs but I am.afraid that after some time the fabric will get old and weary as we will always lean our heads on it.

any experience concerning this?
does the fabric get a waterproof coat?

Commentaires (10)

• PRO
    NK interior design
    il y a 9 ans
    Every quality manufacturer finishes fabric with special treatment layer to protect from stains. It works something about 1,5 a year.
    Then call cleaning service with special equipment and chemistry to clean fabric and to apply new protective layer.
  • PRO
    Ilze Reinke Interiors Ltd
    il y a 7 ans

Good morning Marinalabib. You can do exactly what NK interior design is saying and I totally agree with him. The alternative is that you use a vinyl which is a wipe able fabric. To have a more sumptuous feel is to go for a fabric with a treatment, but you have to remember that your hair will have natural oils in it and this will stain the fabric. This is just general wear. Please do get in touch if you need any more information. Have a lovely day.

• PRO
    Comfortable Dwelling
    il y a 5 ans

Also, since there will be many hours of "rubbing", you'll want to consider the fabric that you choose. It should have a high rub count to prevent it from wearing where your head will be and becoming thinned over time. Look for a commercial grade fabric.

The natural oils in our hair can also stain wood so I wouldn't be concerned if properly cared for.

• PRO
    User
    il y a 5 ans

This post started 3 years ago.

• Jules Mc
    il y a 5 ans
    And the headboard is in the tip ;-)
  • Sonia
    il y a 5 ans
    @Jules that really made me chuckle! :-)))
  • Sonia
    il y a 5 ans

Eewwww Jules! :-)

• Jules Mc
    il y a 5 ans
    Ewww indeed!! :-0
  • PRO
    At No 19
    il y a 5 ans

If you are having the headboard bespoke made choose a fabric with Aquaclean, the stain protection is integral to the fibres rather than on the surface. Companies such as Sunbury Design and Sekers have a wide range. There is also a fabric called Impala, same principal in a faux suede.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».