Houzz Logo Print
arankine

Missing something else...

arankine
il y a 8 ans
This room is missing something and I am at a mental roadblock. It is the first room you enter when coming up the stairs. My primary colors is light blue. I am not really a fan of curtains as I have a 2 year old or plants. please help (disregard the wire...Their temporary)

Commentaires (7)

• PRO
    User
    il y a 8 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 8 ans

its missing a coffee table. maybe an ottoman with tray would work best, for the kiddo. also I think the paintings with there size and scale might look better flanking the windows, since you dont want curtains. Making a collage wall around the tv would be better. and the painting would balance the window.

• PRO
    Designers North Carpet
    il y a 8 ans

All of the furniture is on the perimeter of the room so a coffee table would be very helpful to add some interest and function to the room. The unit under the television appears very small by comparison with the size of the television and the two posters on either side of the tv are also large. If you relocate the two posters to the window wall - one on either side of the window, it would balance out the window wall. If the tv is lowered a bit over the entertainment piece, this would make the tv and entertainment piece relate better and not be so imbalanced.

I agree with many of the other suggestion from columbi93.

• TanCalGal
    il y a 8 ans

The arts are hung too high.

The height they are now would be OK, if the console was very long and the art was hanging above the console. Speakers might be placed under the arts or lower the arts.

IDK how high the ceiling is & that's another variable.

I'd take the art off the wall for now and make newspaper templates of their dimensions & move the templates around.

From here I'd say lower the arts about 9 inches, but it's difficult to say from here. :)

1-2 apothecary lamps at each sofa might help + a large palm in the corner + I might use only the aqua and rust pillows on the sofas and not the other colored or patterned pillows. Combine the aqua and rust pillows with 1 pillow on each sofa that repeats the rug color (? gray).

Lite Source Liko LED Contemporary/Modern Floor Lamp · Plus d'infos

• User
    il y a 8 ans

Curtains would fill in the space nicely, possibly in a flax or linen tone. A circular coffee table would soften and break up the lines of the space. I would do the coffee table with a silver finish with possibly a glass top. This would lighten the space, and add some dimension!

• columbia93
    il y a 8 ans

She has a 2 year old. As much as I like the "airiness" of a glass table, I think it and a silver finish would be a disappointing choice. Dark wood = durability and no fingerprints.

• Tina
    il y a 8 ans
    You need some sort of coffee table, maybe an ottoman. Also I think curtain panels will soften the room. Although you have carpet you could put in an area rug with light blue and another accent colour.
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».