Houzz Logo Print
bradley_ross

Twist on a Shower "Door!"

Wanting to initially do a frameless shower, we quickly realized the unrealistic expense. But frankly, we like our second choice better, anyway. We used an old, salvaged door, siliconed it to the tile, and sealed it multiple times, to avoid water damage (shower curtain is decoratively placed behind the windows, also serving to protect).
www.swankycouch.com

Commentaires (20)

• hollybaumgartner
    il y a 11 ans
    Very cool!
  • PRO
    Trinity Heritage Construction
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 ans
    Thanks so much! We've really enjoyed it.
  • PRO
    PLACE architect ltd.
    il y a 11 ans
    Great idea. I love the ingenuity! It reminds me of this bath, where I found a great corner tub in an antique shop and designed the room around it.
  • Wendy Cotter
    il y a 11 ans
    Beautiful! You bathroom looks so similar to one I recently remodelled in my home. I'd love to see more pics of the rest of your house. Would you upload some?
  • libradesigneye
    il y a 11 ans
    Wonderful architecture, but do you know if you have tempered glass in this door? It may not meet code for safety, sorry to ask. Not something we think about until we have the flu, are elderly or have a little one but something to consider.
  • User
    il y a 11 ans
    What a great idea. Adds a lot of character
  • PRO
    Holgan Land Surveying, PC
    il y a 11 ans
    @libradesigneye.. wow, absolutely! but it is very pretty. I guess it's stays open at the other end?
  • Wendy Cotter
    il y a 11 ans
    I read in an idea book that they did put tempered glass in the door.
  • libradesigneye
    il y a 11 ans
    Thanks Wendy - thought that would be the case, but thought it good to mention so those who want to copy make it safe. Issue is not that the door moves but that someone can fall against it.
  • PRO
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 ans
    Hey all...yes, the glass is tempered. We made sure to check on that before installing. Also, we put in a rain shower head, so there's no issue of water spilling out into the bathroom, as the flow shoots directly down. Lastly Wendy...our home was featured in the fall by Lindsay Von Hagel. You should be able to search her name and then look for, Brad and Tiffany Ross. Thanks for the compliment! :)
  • PRO
    Tina Gleisner
    il y a 11 ans
    Love the look and the small window panes work perfectly with pattern of your tile floor. I thought of doing same in my bathroom but we've got a fiberglass surround which isn't tall enough so ... maybe in another house
  • feeny
    il y a 11 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 11 ans
    Utterly charming, and goes perfectly with the vintage style of your bathroom as a whole. Clever you!
  • S. Thomas Kutch
    il y a 11 ans
    Interesting.........I'm curious how it was anchored.
  • Wendy Cotter
    il y a 11 ans
    I've been wondering too how one would anchor that securely.
  • restart
    il y a 11 ans
    Now that's a Shower Door! Love it!
  • PRO
    Riddle Construction & Design
    il y a 11 ans
    Looks cute but I will be surprised if over time it doesn't have issues with all the moisture from a shower. Wood and water just don' t mix over the long hall no matter the finish. Just my opinion.
  • DIAspoton
    il y a 11 ans
    very creative . wonderful with your bathrooms style.
  • PRO
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 11 ans
    Hey Riddle Construction and Design...we already went into the project, knowing that we'd probably replace the door a couple of times. But we are constantly changing things up, so it's actually desirable for us to have a different (cheap, affordable) new door every 5 years or so. Yes...we're weird. :)
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    il y a 11 ans
    wow ! ! so simple yet so effective !! would work well to hide a loo too !!!
    fab !!! thank you for sharing !!!
France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».