Houzz Logo Print
visezvert

Which should be darker, siding or shakes on gables? Please help!

K C
il y a 8 ans

Commentaires (17)

• K C
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    Using LP Smartside 8" Lap siding and shakes. Initial plan is staggered shakes but would love comments on the look? We are using LX Pro prefinishing, and like the colors LP Mist Grey and Midnight Bronze (but not final and not sure how to use them together for best design) Anyone with images of the midnight bronze, please include!
  • PRO
    PPF.
    il y a 8 ans

I'd consider simplifying the house a bit if possible. The front elevation looks somewhat busy and contrived -- all the gables are there for decoration only.

Here are a couple of ideas. Both need work.

As for colors, lots of examples here on houzz via a search.

• K C
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    Thanks for the response! A side view might help clarify why there are more gables. I completely agree with a simplified look, I am just not sure how to get it with the turned garage.
  • Amy Marline
    il y a 8 ans
    Did you decide to go with midnight bronze and mist grey? We are just starting our building process and really are drawn to midnight bronze as our main color paired with the mist grey and potentially some country red for accents. If you did choose those colors please post a pic - I'd love to see how it looks!
  • K C
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    We did go with Midnight bronze for both the siding and the shakes (not up yet) and really like it! It seems to change color depending on the light, going from a a slight greenish gray to a bluish gray, but always looks really nice. Hopefully these pictures help show the variation.
  • PRO
    New Town Painters & Exterior Renovators
    il y a 8 ans

Darker colors on the lower areas give the structure more visual strength and taller appearance. Darker colors in the gables will bring the size or height down.

• PRO
    il y a 8 ans

How do you like the LX Pro?

• K C
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    We really like it. The shakes have a good amount of definition and look more "real". I am also really happy with our decision to go all one color. Many people suggested different colors between shakes and siding for contrast, but we are so happy with the consistent and more simple look. We think the white trim provides a good amount of contrast.
  • nkpothen
    il y a 8 ans

What color is the roof?

• Amy Marline
    il y a 8 ans
    Thanks for the pictures! The color looks great!! We were thinking of the mist grey and/or the red color on the gables. However I've been rethinking this because I think the multi-colored look will be soon dated. So interesting that you decided to go all one color as well and just mix it up with shakers etc. I think we may be heading that route as well. If you have any more pics to post as your project gets further along, I'd be really interested to see them. Thanks!
  • msn620
    il y a 8 ans

Thanks for attaching pictures! It looks great. We are looking at the LP Midnight Bronze color as well- doing lap on the main body of the house and vertical on our gables. What brand/color stone did you pair with this color LP?

• PRO
    User
    il y a 8 ans

Good morning kcdesc0011, I'm in the marketing department at Lake States Lumber, the supplier of your LP SmartSide prefinished in LX Pro. I'm so glad to read that you are loving your siding! Would you be interested in having your home photographed for potential use in our marketing campaigns for LX Pro? If so, please email me.

• jackieg16
    il y a 5 ans

I just want to say thank you for showing all of the photos of your home/siding. Midnight Bronze is the color we are considering for our new home and we have the same dilemma- trying to decide to use a different color in the gables or not. This has been very helpful. Please add more photos if you have any - would love to see more! :)

• jackieg16
    il y a 5 ans

Amy Marline- what did you end up using for your house? It is so hard to decide and such a big, long term investment- would love to see what you chose. Thank you!

• Lisa Kaiser
    l'année dernière

Love the siding and the shakes being the same color!!! So much more up to date! It also tends to make the home appear larger, with cleaner lines! Sometime when people use different color shakes, it shortens the look of the home. Well done!

• PRO
    l'année dernière

Usually lighter in upper gables to give the illusion of sturdiness or strength from below. Creates visual height. However, you can go darker on upper gables if you visually want the height to appear shorter.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».