Houzz Logo Print
houzzaupolls

POLL: How often do you redecorate in your home?

HouzzAU Polls
il y a 8 ans

Everybody needs a change of scenery once in a while – especially inside your home.

Whether it's minor changes or a major overhaul, how often do you redecorate your house or apartment?

Tell us in the comments what you change and rearrange – images welcome!

"Before" shots · Plus d'infos

Every 6 months
Every year
Every 2 years
Every 5 years
I haven't redecorated yet!
Other (tell us below)

Commentaires (25)

• PRO
    Olivia Kwarda Tuivaga
    il y a 8 ans

I have a major obsession with buying home accessories so I regularly swap pieces around and even swap pieces between my parents house and my own!

• alinagaloustian
    il y a 8 ans

Depends on your budget

• Kim Westwood
    il y a 8 ans

not often enough

• Marilyn Kays
    il y a 8 ans

We usually choose pieces that will last and fairly classic style and then replace as needed, eg curtains, carpet etc.

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever...!"

Kitchen and bathrooms were completely replaced after about 30 years.

• westaussiegirl
    il y a 8 ans

I move furniture around and swop cushions and accessories every so often, does that count?

• PRO
    archimondo
    il y a 8 ans

Just doing some redecorating in terms of getting our house back to the way it was before my daughter and partner moved in two and a half years ago and had a baby while they were with us. Taught us that we don't need such a big house just for us.

• Fiona
    il y a 8 ans
    It's a work in progress, I have a couple of rooms which I refer to as the 'crimes against colour' which are at the top of the list
  • wuff
    il y a 8 ans
    So many comments I agree with in this thread. Budget plays the biggest roll, falling in love with so many different things, life's journey, hanging onto things I wish I could just get rid of but not being able to do so, trying to tell myself it's an inanimate object just get rid of it, but not being able to do it. Being burgled, as in having half your furniture stolen.
  • User
    il y a 8 ans

Work goes on at a slow pace continuously.

• elfiburkhardt
    il y a 8 ans

Starting 47yrs ago. When first baby was born. When 2nd baby was born ( a pidgian pair). Soon after, backyard reno with pool & decking for family entertainment. Now many years later, knocked out a wall in kitchen to be part of dining -lounge for comfy retirement living. All unnecessary furniture , objects removed out of the house. Pool was removed and gardening to minimum maintenance. Just the streamlined indoors & outdoors are enjoyable to live with as the energy slows with old age. DO however enjoy changing the colour scheme often with cushions, tablecloths towels & bed linen.

• LouieT
    il y a 8 ans

When I start getting bored I will start moving things around.

Then I might buy a cushion or three which usually leads to new bed linen or who knows?

• User
    il y a 8 ans

Our bank manager banned me from eBay.

• LouieT
    il y a 8 ans

You don't need it now with the new Houzz Swap thread!

Watchugototswapchook?

Just give it some time to get up and running, though not much swapping there atm apart from stories!

• User
    il y a 8 ans

Yep, can't control rampant Houzzers!

• Luke Buckle
    il y a 8 ans

As little as possible - but in reality, about once every ten years.

• variegatedjoy
    il y a 8 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 8 ans

I love to change soft furnishings and some decorative items in our family room and master bedroom for summer/winter. In summer I have a lot of white/sand/soft blues with a beachy theme: blue glass, seashells - light and bright. Winter brings out the reds/orange/fuchsias etc. Some of the wall artwork is also changed. I just change the cushion covers, and things like bed linen/bedspread etc. Also the wall decoration behind the bed to tone with the new theme. I don't go out and buy new stuff as I find this method very refreshing ... and it seems 'new' each season! I should add that I have neutral backgrounds and furnishings so that I can do this easily. Even greenery and different floral arrangements enhance the respective themes.

• me me
    il y a 7 ans

I'm just redecorating now after 26 years. Sooo, once every 26 years i would say!!

• PRO
    User
    il y a 7 ans

Have to agree with Anna Cottee Designs on this one, have so much at your fingers tips, its hard not to be constantly changing the home... even if its just small decor pieces. I love it!

• PRO
    Nasseri Associates
    il y a 7 ans

Redecorating makes me feel happy , excited and fresh , even if it is only minor changes in accessories . Buy new accessories or even change them around use in new ways or different rooms. in terms of major furniture pieces I spend the money for a quality, comfort and timeless products. Structurally if a design is not what I want , cannot stop thinking about it until I get the chance to make it the way I think is the best.

• Jan Perry
    il y a 6 ans

It's an ongoing process I do daily!

• me me
    il y a 6 ans
    Relpace something when it wears out, or isnot functioning.
  • mazgardiner
    il y a 6 ans

I try and choose major items that won't date. If I want a change, I'll change a painting or cushions or doona cover.

• westjo
    il y a 5 ans

l would say always a work in progress, always changing paint colors, bed spreads, lighting, carpets, tiling, l would say major changes every 20 years, knocking walls out, redoing rooms when kids move out or back in.

• PRO
    Lateral Building Design
    il y a 4 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 4 ans

Small cosmetic changes can make a big difference to your home design. With trends constantly changing and a large variety of home wares on the market it makes it fun and easy to re-do areas around your home.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».