Houzz Logo Print
emmelinewe

POLL: How close are you to achieving your dream home?

Emmeline Westin
il y a 8 ans
Dernière modification : il y a 8 ans

Everyone has a vision for their dream home. Whether you live in an urban loft or a sizeable house with garden, most of us hope to design a home that feels like our own.

However, designing a home that meets all our needs is a great challenge and it takes a lot of work and time. How close are you to reaching your dream home? Tell us about the challenges you face and feel free to share photos!

Dining Room · Plus d'infos

10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
60%
70%
80%
90%
100%

Commentaires (15)

• Tom Flanagan
    il y a 8 ans

10% - I've still got a long way to go!

• PRO
    Stella Michael
    il y a 8 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 8 ans

85% with regards to making my current home as wonderful as possible (and I do love it) but it's not my forever/dream home so in that way the score doesn't apply.

• sanamahdawi
    il y a 8 ans
    im still waiting for my dream home
  • becci02
    il y a 8 ans
    My dream home was one I could renovate myself to become my dream home - if that makes sense!
    That's what I have now. When it's perfect I'll probably want to move to another house to do it all again!
  • PRO
    Jane McKay
    il y a 8 ans

We are just about to start building our dream home. Architect designed to suit the way we live.

• Average Jo
    il y a 8 ans

Half-way, perhaps, to having something very comfortable, individual and accommodating in my present home. Nowhere near the listed, detached property of my girlhood fantasies (now embellished with a library, gym, sauna, conservatory, craft room, laundry, mudroom, greenhouse and generous garden acreage). But perhaps that's for the best... fantasies never take account of the hoovering and dusting!

• jusavs
    il y a 8 ans
    Having created my dream home, I want a new project!
  • pavinia
    il y a 8 ans

I have a long long way to go. The fact that I don't even own a home might have something to do with that!

• User
    il y a 8 ans
    I'm a lifetime away from creating my dream home. Unless I can build my own,then I don't think I will ever achieve it! So many ideas,so little room or money!
  • Dri Kool
    il y a 8 ans

We Looked for the perfect spot for years until we found it in a lovely rural area in Italy. Inside only new painting is about to happen... Outside it will never end and that's what we love most :) moving in next month.

• Emmeline Westin
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

Sounds very exciting Adri! Do you already live somewhere in Italy or are you moving from the UK?

• Dri Kool
    il y a 8 ans

Hi Emmeline, we spend quite a lot of time here in Italy but we will be moving from the UK, very exciting indeed :)

• Emmeline Westin
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

Nice! Keep us posted, it's sounds like such an adventure. Perhaps you could post a photo in the Before and After section after you've redecorated!

• Margaret Shaw
    il y a 8 ans

I am 75% there or about at achieving my dream home but it is a progressive process. Trends change, new materials comes into the market and taste changes with time.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».