Houzz Logo Print
antonio_martir

Need Advice for Small Backyard @ Townhome

Antonio Martir
il y a 8 ans

Hello,

We are moving to a townhome and trying to figure out what we can do to our small backyard. I've searched here but would like some of your advice. What would really spruce up this area for entertaining and/or relaxation? We have a patio that overlooks the bottom small backyard. Ideas for both would be great.

Other question: Should we keep the tree or no?

Also: The bush... I hate that bush, what should we do to replace it- recommendations?

Commentaires (6)

• Antonio Martir
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

Thanks, I'll take this into consideration!

• ycity
    il y a 8 ans
    Hedges for privacy
  • Mark
    il y a 8 ans

You could add outdoor curtains for privacy,shade, and decorative purposes.

Click picture to enlarge. Outdoor curtains come in different colors and patterns. Best of luck.

• Nancy Ingram
    il y a 8 ans
    Can you take a picture of the stair area so we can see what is going on there?

1. I would build a lattice screen that goes post to house to screen off the air conditioner. Stained.
    2. Add outdoor curtains to the side that faces your fence. Get enough so you close off and neighbors can't see in when needed.
    3. Add an indoor/outdoor rug under your seating area.
    4. Ditch the tree and the bush.
    5. Get some nice planter boxes an fill with color full annuals.
    6. Add a ceiling fan. If not possible, floor style but decorative maybe with a misting capability.
    7. Add some table lamps.
    8. Twinkle lights would be nice at night!

On the deck above, I think you'll need a retractable awning, an area rug, potted plants and pots of flowers.
  • Antonio Martir
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

I am definitely taking a few queues from your ideas, wonderful suggestions on the lattice and awning for sure!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».