Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 10th - Win a candle by SKANDINAVISK!

Tom Flanagan
il y a 8 ans

Is there anything cosier and more relaxing than having a candle burning? The Danes had it right with their concept of hygge, which is why for the 10th window of our Advent Calendar, we've partnered with British/Scandinavian brand S K A N D I N A V I S K who are giving away an XL candle in their most wintry scent Koto!

A scent that's all kinds of winter woody goodness, this will have you dreaming of the rugged Scandinavian landscape! All you need to do to enter is vote and comment, telling us your favourite kind of candle scent. If it's something woody like pine or spicy like cinnamon, we'd love to hear. This competition will run until December 24th.

See terms of conditions here

Fresh
Sweet
Woody
Winter/Spice
Other - tell us!

Commentaires (149)

• PRO
    Elizabeth Bee Interior Design
    il y a 8 ans
    I have a Sea Salt scented candle that I absolutely adore...can't get enough of it!
  • jojoe1372
    il y a 8 ans
    At the moment I'm filling my house with the scent of apple pie, for Christmas. It's making me very hungry! x
  • Emma Finlay
    il y a 8 ans

Has to be 'fresh' at the moment, we're still trying to dry out our new house after it lying empty for over two years! Merry & cosy Xmas Houzzmates!

• PRO
    Waltham Forest Engineering Ltd
    il y a 8 ans

This time of year the scent has to be warm, spicy and inviting.

• PRO
    Jezzabellas Bathrooms
    il y a 8 ans

You can't beat a lovely sweet scent!

• susan_whitw
    il y a 8 ans
    Lime and coconut, reminds me of holiday!
  • janeneve
    il y a 8 ans

Perfume is so evocative - I use many different high quality scented candles depending on my mood and time of year. Like perfume itself, candles need to be subtle to invoke and gentle awareness.

• Sandi
    il y a 8 ans

I just never get passed vanilla. Why is that? Tropical, fresh, sweet and somehow mysterious.

• Gaynor Leather
    il y a 8 ans

Candles are great for creating homeliness and a feeling of warmth, especially at Christmas time!!

• jude999
    il y a 8 ans

Love a spicy scent at this time of year. So warm and comforting.

• Yasmin Gaber
    il y a 8 ans

I love woody warming scents like cedar and musk

• honeypoppet
    il y a 8 ans

I love woody musky smells...there is a candle by woodwick that is called vintage leather...it is SO perfect! It smells almost like a male perfume...but with enough woodiness to make it a house kinda smell! Mind you...I like a lot of smells for candles...berries are nice...and cinnamon...so long as they're not too strong..

• Ola
    il y a 8 ans
    I personally prefer sweet or fresh scents but it would depend on my mood and the activity I am doing. Reading = sweet cosy scent
  • kylajane4
    il y a 8 ans

i love sweet smelling candles....vanilla is my fav!

• Abby Hodder
    il y a 8 ans

Clean scents like fresh linen in the summer, spicy scents in the winter (especially 'Winter' by the White Company). They're popular for a reason! :)

• Radhika Sethia
    il y a 8 ans

Like flowery smells! White Jasmine by Jo Malone is a lovely one

• mattiefan
    il y a 8 ans

fresh citrus scents.....

• mattiefan
    il y a 8 ans

or eau de dog.... :(

• User
    il y a 8 ans

I love grapefruit or classic vanilla x

• di_c
    il y a 8 ans
    I like walking into my flat with a smell of my washing. So fresh it would have to be.
  • Kate Burt
    il y a 8 ans

Woody and musky - there's an amazing scent called Library, somehow manages to smell like leather, old books and mahogany.

• Iona
    il y a 8 ans

I like cinnamon, earthy scents in the winter and verbena, light and citrusy in the summer months.

• Martina
    il y a 8 ans
    "midsummer's night"
  • pinklark
    il y a 8 ans

Vanilla 11 months of the year. Mulled wine at Christmas

• Sonia Goul-Wheeker
    il y a 8 ans

I love a fruity scented candle - coconut, clementine and berries (not mixed together!), and a hint of vanilla is always lovely too.

• Liv Moore
    il y a 8 ans

I always always try and break out from my boring vanilla mould but always go crawling back! It just makes everything smell like pudding and that can only be a good thing.

• PRO
    Gina Soden Artist
    il y a 8 ans

I love sea breeze, linen, sweet pea type scents :D

• fizb18
    il y a 8 ans

Pomegranate and pine

• sloeginfizzz
    il y a 8 ans
    I love Yankee Candle's 'wedding day' - such a fresh, light scent that lingers for days and makes my house smell wonderful!
  • Mary Mary
    il y a 8 ans
    My fav one at the moment is Proseco by Volupsa I bought it in NYC and it's nearly as good as drinking it but it does last longer.
  • BL H
    il y a 8 ans
    Ginger. Warm and toasty and strangely reminiscent of biscuits.
  • Jackie Bonner
    il y a 8 ans

I love to have candles lit in the evening low lighting and music playing softly, very romantic and relaxing, I really love the scent of bergamot and choose it far more than any other.

• modernistlover
    il y a 8 ans
    I am naturally drawn to woody scents. Like the last poster, I love bergamot and fragrances like Dsquared's He/Shewood
  • mimiatno1
    il y a 8 ans
    A woody scent can last through all seasons without feeling out of place.
  • Green Bean
    il y a 8 ans

Cinnamon and orange

• charlie_healey
    il y a 8 ans

Its seasonal. I like to keep it with the seasons, right now christmassy smells, cinnamon, chocolate, spices, ferns etc.

• Azra dedic
    il y a 8 ans
    Xmas scents make me feel so festive!
  • marianne_hayton
    il y a 8 ans

It has to be orange and ginger in winter .fresh linen in spring, sea breeze in summer and in autem I allways treat myself to the latest perfumed candle ,it is often the most expensive but by the time October comes round .I figure I am worth it.

• Gil Nathaniel
    il y a 8 ans

Woody! I love these candles, I already have the Fjord one!

• mouseshouse
    il y a 8 ans
    I have a lovely one at the moment first snowfall
  • redkez78
    il y a 8 ans
    I love fig, which seems to be the scent of the moment in shops. And vanilla. So quite traditional
  • pencoo
    il y a 8 ans
    I do prefer fresher citrus scents but like to try different scents for a change.
  • Zoe
    il y a 8 ans

Love a fresh scent

• Vicky Jarvis
    il y a 8 ans
    Got to be winter spice, it evokes the whole feeling of Christmas and makes me feel happy
  • arzuince
    il y a 8 ans
    Grass, the sea, rain sodden air, a forest... Fresh smells are the ones that work for me!
  • PRO
    Simply DeClutter Professional Organiser
    il y a 8 ans

Gorgeous candle

• M
    il y a 8 ans
    Love all scented candles
  • paddyart
    il y a 8 ans

Amber and sultry

• Kel
    il y a 8 ans
    I like the woody type smells, earthy, with a hint of spice.
  • Tom Flanagan
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

Happy New Year and here's to the next one!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».