Houzz Logo Print
edita_urbelyte

Ideas redesigning our ground floor please!

Edita Urbelyte
il y a 8 ans
We are having an extension built and trying to redesign the layout of the existing ground floor. Desperately need help on ideas, especially incorporating a toilet, a wardrobe and possibly a small study? I would like to keep the utility area but don't mind moving it further. Any advise appreciated.

Commentaires (10)

• PRO
    A Life More Beautiful
    il y a 8 ans
    What is the area above the dining room and kitchen going to be used for?
  • buzzmummy
    il y a 8 ans

Yes, as above and are you keeping the kitchen in the same place? Or moving to the back of new extension so you have more light there? Looks interesting...!

• Edita Urbelyte
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    This is an existing layout which I do not like at all :) I would like to move the kitchen towards the front of the extension and possibly to the left and open up more space by removing some walls.
  • Edita Urbelyte
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    I did not realise there's so much involved but now I see the point after reading your comment, mintyman.
    We are a young family with two boys aged 6 and 7.5 and do have guests around quite often as well as playdays for kids.
    The new extension will be at the rear of the detached house and will go out to a decent sized north-west facing garden (there's lots of sun from afternoon to late evening). We are surrounded by neighbours from both sides and the garden backs another neighbour's garden with well overgrown trees and shrubs so not so much overlooked I believe.
    We spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking, doing homework, entertaining guests and would like it as an open plan with the dining area and I even don't mind it opening up to the lounge either. I do like my utility area separate though and badly need a downstairs toilet (possibly using the area under the stairs?). There are no people with disabilities in the family.
    I am attaching pictures of the rear of the house and the garden.
    By the way, the internal width from left to the utility wall is 6.2m
    Thanks so much for your comments!
  • Edita Urbelyte
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    Attached
  • lismacfinnan_mar
    il y a 8 ans

As extension goes to the back of the house and in summer kids will be playing there and family will congregate around kitchen - dining , I would suggest you should build kitchen to the right of the planned extension with living room without any wall connected with kitchen availing of large patio doors to the back.

• minnie101
    il y a 8 ans

Hi.

I assume the 6.2m is to the inside ŵall of the utility? Would something like this work (maybe?!). It's not to scale but hopefully it would fit ( although i'm not sure about the chairs by the tv but I've drawn it in pen so couldn't change it!). I'd take some of the garage for the utility with wardrobes under the stairs. The living room would become a play and study area but with doors that could fully open it up when needed. You could also put a sofa and tv in there so it's multifunctional. The top right area is a little seating area (!) with extra storage behind with sliding doors. The island and dining table would be around 7ft. Just an idea anyway! You may want to get some graph paper and play around with layout or employ a concept planner. Have a look at One Plan under the pro section

• PRO
    Glenn Cavill
    il y a 8 ans

Hi

Just seen this post so may be too late, but thought I would drop you this idea I had. Also check out my ideas book for how it could look from the outside.

Regards

Glenn

• Elliott Cook
    il y a 8 ans

Have you completed your transformation or is it still under way? We are currently casting for a new property show, love to hear from you.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».