Houzz Logo Print
denisxyz

Open plan wood effect tile

denisxyz
il y a 8 ans
Hi , I'm thinking of having a wood effect tile throughout my ground floor , good or bad idea, has anyone got a picture of a wood effect tile floor. Or some advice

Commentaires (9)

• PRO
  • peony grace
    il y a 8 ans
    Been weighing up options for open plan and I prefer cork flooring or marmoleum. Warmer, more insulating I think, softer underfoot...and I feel like wood effect tiles are in vogue now but will date more easily than other options. Just my feeling on it though of course it all depends what tile, colour and what the rest of the decor / space is like! What sort of style are you hoping to achieve? What feeling so you want the space to evoke? Cosy? Spacious? Cool? Warm?
  • PRO
    Midland Home Hardware Building Centre
    il y a 8 ans
    IMO and Ive been in the flooring/design industry for over 10 years, Cork does not stand up well in high traffic areas.
  • PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    il y a 8 ans

Make sure the PEI rating (strength of tile) is a 4 or 5, commercial strength. If you choose a product over 36" long make sure it is rectified. Tile throughout the home is nice but can also be noisy, would be wise to have area rugs to help muffle sound. Also, tile can be cold constantly. There are several companies that sell heat control systems that are installed under the tile prior to installation. We use Schluter heat systems, can get a little pricey but will definitely keep the tile a nice comfortable temperature year round.

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    il y a 8 ans

Make sure your thinset you use has a flexbond. Meaning it will give some if your subfloor shifts a little, otherwise you could get a hairline crack if any shifting of the subfloor happens.

• katinparadise
    il y a 8 ans

Have you considered luxury vinyl planks? Waterproof, damp mop, easy to replace, and softer on your feet. I have tile in half of my house and wish I could replace it. It's hard on your feet, especially when you're standing for long periods of time in the kitchen. If it cracks, it's a pain to replace. You have to keep plenty of extra on hand for replacement because cracks are inevitable, either from something dropping on them or from settling. The flooring person I spoke with told me they're selling vinyl in even high end installations. He said they just installed 2300 square feet in a million dollar penthouse condo. Hope this helps!

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    il y a 8 ans

Stone Solutions - Berkshire #Maple 6 x 24 (non rectified)

Stone Solutions - Amazon #Honey 6 x 24 (non rectified)

Marazzi - American Estates #Saddle 9 x 36 or 6 x 36 (rectified)

• PRO
    Midland Home Hardware Building Centre
    il y a 8 ans

I like the LVP option as well, but if you decide to stick with tile - I always specify Schluter Ditra Heat membrane and spot heat with there cable in the areas you will be standing in. Spot heating reduces overall material cost vs heating the entire area.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».