Houzz Logo Print
acavin09

Reface or New?

acavin09
il y a 8 ans
After several years we are finally going to remodel our kitchen. One major decision is to either gut the cabinets or reface them? I don't know much about the refacing process, but would it be worth doing it or should we just go for new cabinets?

Commentaires (10)

• Bev
    il y a 8 ans

If your cabinets are in great shape and you like where they are at in the kitchen, I would reface them. It will be much cheaper than replacing them. If your cabinets are not in good shape or you want them laid out differently, then your best bet is to replace them.

• sandradclark
    il y a 8 ans

I would change the hanging light above the sink to a smaller fixture. Sorry. Good advise given by sewsmore.

Uttermost Flint 1-Light Industrial Modern Pendant · Plus d'infos

• PRO
    Dream Kitchen Builders
    il y a 8 ans
    Replacing vs refacing kitchen cabinetry comes down to one question - why do you want to remodel your kitchen?

If it's for resale then you may want to reface because it's around 25% cheaper than replace if everything else is apples to apples.

If it's for you to live in and enjoy for 10 years then refacing has too many downsides to overcome the 25% based on my clients' feedback.
  • Bruce Crawford
    il y a 8 ans
    Sewsmore is spot on. Our neighbor refaced cabs, replaced tile countertops w/ granite & put in nice backsplash. Phenomenal difference. We were demo'ing island for peninsula & more mods, so went all new.
  • suezbell
    il y a 8 ans

What don't you like about your cabinets -- in the pic, they look to be in good shape.

• acavin09
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans
    I don't like the doors or the color, I find them very dated. Especially with the countertops. I do like the look of the white/ off white cabinets. It's a hard choice. I just don't know if that would be the right choice for our kitchen. Decisions ...decisions
  • Bruce Crawford
    il y a 8 ans
    If you have the budget, I think BeverlyFLADeziner's ideas have great merit. Before our K reno, usable counter space was minimal. W/ our reno, which involved no structural changes, we basically tripled usable space. Whadda diff!
  • Steph
    il y a 8 ans

I think you should replace the cabinets, because as you mentioned, they are very dated. You would also get the opportunity to rearrange the layout for better function. I would start gathering inspirational photos and meet with a couple of designers. Good luck.

• PRO
    Kootenia Homes and Remodeling
    il y a 8 ans

replace the cabinets! Out with the old - in with the new!

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».