Houzz Logo Print
eddy4444

Big Empty Wall Dilemma...Help Please!

eddy4444
il y a 8 ans

My wife and I have been arguing long-term over WHAT to put on this wall in our condo. It is 9' wide by 9' high and there is an existing electric outlet and thermostat which cannot be moved.

She does NOT want pictures, shelves, furniture or other dust collectors.

A mirror seems the way to go as it will reflect our living room (in the process of re-decorating) and the view of trees outside our patio door.

IF a mirror, or mirror is the way to go, what what you suggest: size? style? shape? border? trim or frame?

Many thanks for your help, in advance.

Commentaires (26)

• Vicki Denson
    il y a 8 ans

Your entry hall looks very small, narrow, and dark. I would make this wall my entry area. Place a table or a storage piece against the wall and move your art around the corner.

eddy4444 a remercié Vicki Denson
  • eddy4444
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

Won't work for us...thanks anyway.

• User
    il y a 8 ans
    Dernière modification :il y a 8 ans

Sounds like you are dead set on a mirror, so I would go with something of a mirror and metal wall sculpture. Something that will reflect light but not be an *in your face* mirror. Maybe something like these? You may need more than one to create the design for the wall.

Multi Antiqued Silver Champagne Leaf Mirror Wall Decor · Plus d'infos

Aluminum Mirror Wall Decor 28"W, 28"H · Plus d'infos

Benzara 69158 Metal Wood Mirror Low Budget Unique Wall Decoration · Plus d'infos

• eddy4444
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

Benzara is nice.

Thanks.

• freedomplace1
    il y a 8 ans

I think you could use a large square or round mirror (can hang above eye level, so it doesn't intrude). Facing the window(s) is a really nice placement for a mirror. Good choice. I think the round would work really well in your space. Here are a few ideas:

http://www.wayfair.com/Majestic-Mirror-Contemporary-Round-Wall-Mirror-2051-P-MMR1189.html

http://www.wayfair.com/Uttermost-Amberlyn-Mirror-08028-B-UM5500.html

http://www.wayfair.com/Uttermost-Jeremiah-Wall-Mirror-04017-UM12584.html

http://www.wayfair.com/AandB-Home-Group-Inc-Mirror-37295-WZA2889.html

• eddy4444
    Auteur d'origine
    il y a 8 ans

I like the first one...thanks!

• freedomplace1
    il y a 8 ans

You're welcome. :)

• eddy4444 a remercié Carolina
  • Carolina
    il y a 8 ans
    Circus Wallpaper · Plus d'infos
    eddy4444 a remercié Carolina
  • Carolina
    il y a 8 ans
    And I really like that first mirror that margocorp suggested.
  • erinsean
    il y a 8 ans

I know your wife does not want furniture there but how about a slim open glass top console ....then artwork or mirror over it. A lamp would be a bonus. Glass does not show dust...ask me how I know...I have glass tables.

eddy4444 a remercié erinsean
  • susan2494
    il y a 8 ans

medallion?

eddy4444 a remercié susan2494
  • susan2494
    il y a 8 ans

Bring in a spot of color?

• Carolina
    il y a 8 ans
    @erinsean: I have glass tables too, but mine do show dust. So... I probably (very likely) don't clean them often enough. Or yours are made of miracle glass and you live in a dust free country.
  • sandradclark
    il y a 8 ans

I do not like glass tables as they do show dust. And are cold looking. Nothing beats wood. A mural wall would be nice. Check out Great Big Canvas for wall peels which can be changed easily.

eddy4444 a remercié sandradclark
  • linlac
    il y a 8 ans
    I don't think a small mirror will work on that wall without a table underneath. You could do a large leaning mirror. If you don't like the leaning mirrors you could do a set of taller vertical mirrors.
    eddy4444 a remercié linlac
  • susan2494
    il y a 8 ans

mirror sculpture

eddy4444 a remercié susan2494
  • leelee
    il y a 8 ans

Often a mirror can look cold and uninteresting. A piece of art can add color and personality.

eddy4444 a remercié leelee
  • baileyco767
    il y a 8 ans
    I have this in my small area, low ceiling. Makes the room look bigger in person. I'd also paint that wall an accent color first. Show us the after pic!
    eddy4444 a remercié baileyco767
  • freedomplace1
    il y a 8 ans

Just want to mention: I think that wall might be a really nice place for an electric fireplace. The mirror and fireplace could work together. The mirror will be enough; but a fireplace could be a nice addition... set a nice atmosphere in your home. So many choices in the electric fireplace genre. But if you like this style, a freestanding one - something like this - might be an easy way to try the concept and see if it works for you. Then you might opt for wall mounted, etc. - or you may find that freestanding is a good permanent choice.

AKDY 27" Freestanding Electric Fireplace Heater, Temperature Control With Remote · Plus d'infos

Some general visuals:

Marycroft Homes · Plus d'infos

Interior General Gallery · Plus d'infos

Beach Style Living Room · Plus d'infos

And of course, there's the classic.

Torrence Cast Cinder Stone Electric Firebox & Mantel · Plus d'infos

If you like the fireplace concept - that wall might be a nice place for it. You can find a lot of info online about 'best' rated electric fireplaces, etc.

I think the mirror will be a beautiful feature. The fireplace is an additional nice option. That wall may just turn out to be your favorite wall, after all. ;)

Best wishes.

eddy4444 a remercié freedomplace1
  • PRO
    harvey & Dot
    il y a 8 ans

We can print a beautiful B&W or color photo on a mirror. It keeps the mirror effect without it taking over the room. It's stunning.

• PRO
    harvey & Dot
    il y a 8 ans

Btw...Mirrors are the biggest dust collectors. We also Print Art & Photography on Galvanized steel. It's cool, edgy and low to no maintenance. You can choose the image, size, material. Copper, Steel, Brass, Bronze, Mirror.

• leelee
    il y a 8 ans

What are all the pictures lined up on the TV wall?

BTW, mirrors can be real dust collectors and it's hard to get the dust off and keep them streak free.

• leelee
    il y a 8 ans

Ha! didn't see the comment from harvey and dot when I posted about mirror dust.

• Carolina
    il y a 8 ans

Or a photowall like this. Or if you don't like this, choices galore on that website.

France
Personnaliser mon expérience à l'aide de cookies

Houzz utilise des cookies et d'autres technologies de suivi similaires pour personnaliser mon expérience utilisateur, me proposer du contenu pertinent et améliorer ses produits et services. En cliquant sur « Accepter », j'accepte l'utilisation des cookies telle qu'elle est décrite plus en détail dans la Politique d'Utilisation des Cookies de Houzz. Je peux rejeter les cookies non essentiels en cliquant sur « Tout rejeter » ou « Gérer mes préférences ».